Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit or Garmin

All the while I was in FL I used my fitbit (have been with fitbit since it came out) and map my walk.  My fitbit never matched up with the miles that map my walk gave me.  It was always short.  So when I got back to WI and did the 26.2 (Marathon) on June 2 (it was a walking only marathon) I wore both a garmin and my fitbit.  Fitbit again came up short - this time 4 miles short.  I am now only wearing the garmin that my grandson gave to me.  Has anyone else ever tested their steps/mileage with their fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Either you have a GPS enabled tracker that will sync up your stride length (and haven't done that yet) or you don't have a correct stride length entered in your settings.

Best Answer

If I need to be exact in my mileage, I enable GPS on my tracker and it is accurate. Most days, I am not in any competition so as long as it is close enough I don't mind it. I would as mukluk suggested check to make sure your stride is set properly and if you have a tracker that uses GPS, try using it and see if there is a difference. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer