Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit to support weight gain

ANSWERED

Will Fitbit ever support Weight Gain????

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit currently supports weight goals based around gaining weight. Check the help article here for help with setting a goal.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

Only Fitbit knows @jacko0403

However feel free to add suggestions to the subforum Feature Requests where users can vote, add comments with the possibility of being picked up by the developers to integrate the functionality.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree we need a "gain weight" feature! I have anorexia and need to gain 24lb to start with but I don't see any help to @gain"!
Best Answer

My Fitness Pal does and the two speak to each other very well

Charge HR 2
208lbs 01/01/18 - 197.8lbs 24/01/18 - 140lbs 31/12/18
Best Answer
Mine shows a loss, gain or maintain but then there is no other help there - it doesn't give you the amount of calories you need to gain this weight and that's my point with it - it gives me a target that would be considered maintain! When I start logging 2500-3000 a day it's going to go into meltdown mode @DominicJ
Best Answer

I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Go to My Fitness Pal 

Goals

View Guided Setup

Set your current weight, heigh, and goal weight, gender, date of birth, ect

Set your goal as gain 1lb per week

Update profile

Charge HR 2
208lbs 01/01/18 - 197.8lbs 24/01/18 - 140lbs 31/12/18
Best Answer
Hi

I don't use my fitness pal I only rely on my Fitbit and it offers the gain choice but then doesn't change the calories but I will go check out my fitness pal and sync the two accounts - thanks 😉

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Fitbit currently supports weight goals based around gaining weight. Check the help article here for help with setting a goal.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I already have all that set but what it doesn't do is allow you to see what calories you need to "gain" unless you log in my fitness pal as well which I don't particularly want to do now I have my Fitbit HR - I just wish there was some way of the calories being adjusted to allow you to gain instead of putting you in the red zone if you go over what the Fitbit thinks you should have each day based on your weight, height etc...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@MatthewFitbit it doesnt support it - yes I can set my "weight goal" but my calorie intake does not change with that goal.

I need to be able to set my calorie's manually. it's very discouraging to read "you are over budget" when Im only half way to my needed goal. 

I need to gain 10-20 lbs my doctor wants me to eat 2500-3000k calories a day. Your app tells me Im over budget before hitting 1600 😕 

weight.PNG

Best Answer

@gainittowinit

Have you tried setting your own calorie target from the link below in the food plan?

Edit Food Plan 2.PNG

Hope this helps!

SebringDon | Florida USA | Fitbit's Food Plan Demystified

Charge HR, Flex | Windows 10 | Android | iPad

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SebringDon I dont see that option in my Food Plan. When I reach the point in your instructions that state how to change the plan intensity - it gives me the message that Im set to 'maintain' and that fitbit "currently do(es) not support Food Plans with a weight gain goal."

weightgainnotsupported.PNG

Best Answer

@gainittowinit wrote:

@SebringDon I dont see that option in my Food Plan.

@gainittowinit: Just a thought: maybe it’s only available in the Premium package? I’m saying this because I see @SebringDon has Premium, while you do not (I don’t either).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

2 years and this hasn't been sorted out?

I need to eat over 2500 kcals a day or I lose weight.

2 YEARS?!?!

Best Answer

This is still an issue, is there any update?

Best Answer

Why doesn’t Fitbit support weight gain!  Surely it is obvious, that not everyone wants to lose weight.

@booty-poppins wrote:

This is still an issue, is there any update?

Best Answer

https://www.fitbit.com/group/22BNVK - seems to be the largest active group of weight gainers.

Even though this company pays us no attention, we should still attempt to show some solidarity... we are "heavily" out-numbered by the doughnut eaters!

Best Answer

great question, i am always trying to gain weight and never see much groups or help with gaining. I would love to connect with a group of others that want to gain as well. 

Best Answer

@b.lana  Sorry those types of groups have been removed. Try looking in the app and see if there is one

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's no easy way to gain weight, other than always be in a caloric surplus. You want to look at calorically dense foods--things like nuts and peanut butter. Adding fat helps. If you drink milk, switching to whole milk helps.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes