Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitstar or BeachBody

ANSWERED

I am in desperate need of some sort of program.  I have been so exhausted when I wake up, when I get home from work that I haven't truly exercised in a long time.  I walk the dogs, go on occasional hikes but that about sums it up.  I'm not overweight.  But I need to do some serious toning up so I can see what tiny muscles I do have 🙂

Anyways, I've been pretty biased when it comes to Fitbit products.  I downloaded the Fitstar app and tried a workout.  It seems really slow to me.  Too much talking in between each move for my liking. Feel like I'm not really doing much of anything.   I like things to be a bit faster paced.

So, I'm wondering who has tried Fitstar and who has tried Beachbody programs.  What are your thoughts?  Pros, cons?  Which do you prefer??

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

So, I'm wondering who has tried Fitstar and who has tried Beachbody programs.  What are your thoughts?  Pros, cons?  Which do you prefer??

Personally I prefer Beachbody programs. They have over 6000 workouts available to you on demand to fit your need and desire for the say. Best thing is you can take them anywhere with internet connection or download them to your tablet/ipad. Their newest program Shift Shop is only 21 days long, you start out the 1st week at 25 mins, 2nd at 35 mins and 3rd at 45 mins. Every other day is Speed or Strength with Core on Thursday and Saturday. I have seen results within the 10 days, 4.5 inches overall and 6 pounds. Now I know you dont need to lose weight, but this will certainly tone you up. You could also try PiYo (pilates and yoga) and Hammer and Chisel. If you need anything else answered please let me know, I am here to help!

Here is a link for the free trial:

https://www.teambeachbody.com/tbbsignup/-/tbbsignup/free?referringRepId=1468799

Dawn

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

As long as I dont have to talk to a beach body coach. I do buy some of their DVD's

But Be aware they are harder than Fitstar in some cases.

You need to make time for what you want. Only you can really answer your question. There are others out there. But again you need to do research as to what you can do and have time for

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried beach body a long long time ago and I didn't like the repetitiveness. It also doesn't adjust to your personal level if I remember well. But truth be told, I haven't tried it for long. I've been trying fitstar for a short period now (a little over a week) and I really like it. I agree with you there's sometimes a bit 'too much' talking in between, but you can easily skip the explanations once you know a certain movement. (There are so many exercises that lots of them are new though, but still.) And the talking doesn't take thát long either, I just see it as interval training. Fitstar also adjusts the sessions to my level and it does it pretty neat. The fittest gave it some idea, but it rated me a bit too high on my arms/ chest and a bit too low on my back, and it fixed it the two sessions after. So now I'm getting workouts that are doable but rather intensive. Since I find it too doable according to fitstar it put me in a lvl 7 cardio after last session, so I'm already curious to see how killing my next cardio session will be 😉 

Based on my (very little!) experience I seem to like fitstar more than beach body. Also because it tracks what I do, encourages me and is linked to my fitbit. I like seeing those sessions automatically on my activity page. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand how you feel about slow workouts. I like moderate or fast paced workouts.

I've never tried Fitstar. I do own a lot of Beachbody programs and I got great results from their programs. Many different programs to choose from based on what you are looking for. My personal favorite is T25 (only 25 minutes a day). Also have a modifier on the program as well, except for T25 Gamma (separate DVD that focuses on strength with weights)  Some of the workouts may seem difficult, but you can always modify the moves. 

You can also try Insanity Max 30, another one of my favorites. Some like Chalene Johnson's programs and there is a new program out called ShiftShop. 

Pros: Fast paced workouts. Intense. Able to modify moves. Can be done at home. 

Cons: I would say the price, depending on how much you are looking or able to spend. 

@SunsetRunner

Best Answer

Hi @LadyNem 

I am also doing fitstar (free version),....

I also have Insanity max 30, T25, P90X3 (30 minutes version), CIZE on DVD, ... With T25 and Max 30 I feel I get the best result. But sometimes I pick a youtube KinoYoga workout or a workout from YouTube (BeFIt, XHIT daily etc). Although I try something new now and then, I keep coming back at T25 and Max30, ... but I like fitstar as a nice alternative when I have less time or want something else. 

Fitstar is sometimes bit to slow, but I like the exercises and the encouragements :-).Smiley Happy Maybe the "paid" version is better??? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your input.  I also love that fitstar automatically tracks the workout.  Makes it simple.  I think I'm going to stick with fitstar for now.  Maybe once I get into it a bit more, things will go more smoothly.  And I'll be skipping through the explanations.

Maybe I'll also do the free trial of beachbody just to compare.  It is double the cost though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've personally have never tried Fitstar but I have tried Beachbody programs and they do work. I like BB because they have different programs for any level of fitness i.e. 21 day Fix, P90X, T25 just to name a few. Some of the exercises are quite challenging but you are always able to modify the moves if needed.

Best Answer

Maybe a friend has a DVD to try first?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe a friend has a DVD to try first (before you spend a lot of money?)?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Personally I prefer Beachbody programs. They have over 6000 workouts available to you on demand to fit your need and desire for the say. Best thing is you can take them anywhere with internet connection or download them to your tablet/ipad. Their newest program Shift Shop is only 21 days long, you start out the 1st week at 25 mins, 2nd at 35 mins and 3rd at 45 mins. Every other day is Speed or Strength with Core on Thursday and Saturday. I have seen results within the 10 days, 4.5 inches overall and 6 pounds. Now I know you dont need to lose weight, but this will certainly tone you up. You could also try PiYo (pilates and yoga) and Hammer and Chisel. If you need anything else answered please let me know, I am here to help!

Here is a link for the free trial:

https://www.teambeachbody.com/tbbsignup/-/tbbsignup/free?referringRepId=1468799

Dawn

Best Answer

Just finished my free trial of fitstar so I'm going to do the free trial of beachbody.  Thanks for the link!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome, let me know if you need guidance on a certain program! You will love it!

Best Answer

I have the trial version of the paid version, I don't think it's faster, it still explains every exercise. But you get to choose different programs (I took the 'get strong' for now, there's also a 'get lean' that I might have to check out too), you have more choice in the freestyle sessions, you can do unlimited sessions and I think they have a bit more exercises in the database.

I still find the paid version a rather slow pace because they explain all exercises. This is a good thing on one hand (no just hoping to make the best of copying it..) but on the other hand it gives you 12 second rests everytime when I might just want to move on. I've been getting a bit more exercises that i know already lately and I've just been skipping the explanations then, you then get just a few seconds in between which is ok. 
The only downside I'm discovering is the music. You get two more stations as a premium member, but they are repetitive. I heard this is better in the US because you get way more stations there, but that's of no use to us 😉 

Best Answer