Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitstar

I have been using Fitstar for the past couple of weeks.  The free version that is.  I LOVE it!!  I am considering buying the premium upgrade.  Looking for pros and cons?  Is it worth it?  TIA

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hi

I've got the same dilemma 🙂 I love the app but using only the free programs.

Has anyone bought the premium version?

Thanks,

Omar

Best Answer

I've recently purchased the premium personal trainer - it's good to be able to get the tailored programmes.  Make sure you like the new trainers and videos - some have been disappointed now Tony Gonzalez seems to have been dropped.

Best Answer

Thank you so much!!

Best Answer

is Tony still on their team?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't seem to be any more.  With the update, two new trainers + new videos and exercises, but out with the old trainer (Tony) and the old videos.  Even the exercises that are the same have had new videos recorded for them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also enjoying the free version and doing the exercises with my daughter. I am considering purchasing the premium version but.... I don't know.

Best Answer

No it's Adrian and Lea

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just started witht he free trial, and I like it.  I figure if I keep up with it for the trial period I'll buy the year.  I don't do any other exercise besides running, so if this gets me active it will be worth it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used the free plan for about a week before I bought into Premium, I was hooked pretty quickly! I opted for a monthly subscription rather than the annual which is cheaper in the long run, just incase I change my mind after a month or so.

At first I didn't think it was working me enough, but I've now started the Get Strong program and it's killer. I'm starting to notice the intensity and reps become adjusted to my feedback now which is great. I'm in the gym three times a week, and when I'm not quite feeling it I've started to do some FitStar freestyle workouts to warm up and get myself in the mood. I've even taken a few excersides into the gym with me and added weights to them, and if the gym is rammed I'll just set up on a mat in the corner and do one of the quick core workouts to fill some time between equipment.

Plus with being owned by Fitbit, the itnergration is only gong to get better, so I'm happy to pay the premium price and keep involved!

However, I do have a referral code which will get you your first month of Premium for free! The code is BNJPZW.

TIP: Whenever I up to free trials, I set an alarm in my phone calendar on the date I'd need to cancel it by to avoid being charged if I'm not keen.

Best Answer

i bought my first month about a week ago, keeps glitching that i havent completed worjouts that i have done.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does the fitstar program sessions restart every Monday? Also, do they become more customisable  as you go along? I've been  using it for 7 sessions and it repeats some of the exercises  a lot. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm wondering if the workouts used in the FitStar app are high intensity interval training workouts or if they are just interval training workouts. 

Also, it doesn't seem to matter what I eat, how much I warm up, I always get lightheaded and dizzy during my FitStar workouts. I think it has something to do with the constant "ups and downs". (Going from sit-up's to jumping jacks back down to planks, etc.) Thoughts? Advice?

I am a relatively healthy female, definitely not athlete status, but I take care of myself and try to eat well. I have been doing these workouts for around two years now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

there is one that is HIIT, as for the dizzy's just slow down and drink more water.  Also eat before workout

Best Answer

I've been a FitStar Premium members since 2014 and - for me - I absolutely love it.

I'm not a 'gym guy', and with an 18 month old baby daughter the prospect of ever having free time to go to a gym is laughable. But I find the programs are good enough to keep belly at bay.

I regularly follow the program (with summer approaching/here far more regularly!), and I like the fact I can pepper in a freestyle workout depending on how much time I've got.

They used to do lots of special events (such as 'Move in May where you had to log at least 20 workouts)' which I wish they did more of, but - as far as fitness apps go - it's one I'm happy to pay for.

I do wish they had more a community for it though. None of my Facebook friends use it, and if there's one thing I like it's healthy competition to get my **ahem** off the couch, so some kind of broadened forum space would be good.

Best Answer
0 Votes