Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

swimming

ANSWERED

Can you swim in the Flex Bit?

Best Answer
3 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

I think you will find the following help article of interest: Swimming.

Have a nice day.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes

I swim with my FitBit Flex all the time.  This morning I swam 3.1 miles (5 Kilometers) in an Open Water Swim Race in the Pacific Ocean with mine.  Just don't go diving with it but on the surface you're fine.

Swim 2.4 miles, Bike 112 miles, Run 26.2 miles and brag for life. If I can do it anyone can!

Best Answer

@flyboy wrote:

I swim with my FitBit Flex all the time.  This morning I swam 3.1 miles (5 Kilometers) in an Open Water Swim Race in the Pacific Ocean with mine.  Just don't go diving with it but on the surface you're fine.

I would suggest always rinsing the device off, especially after exposure to salt water, but after normal sweat as well. (Salt water is really bad for anything electrical including the contacts on your device of choice.)

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I think you will find the following help article of interest: Swimming.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Swim 2.4 miles, Bike 112 miles, Run 26.2 miles and brag for life. If I can do it anyone can!
Best Answer

@flyboy wrote:

I would suggest always rinsing the device off, especially after exposure to salt water, but after normal sweat as well. (Salt water is really bad for anything electrical including the contacts on your device of choice.)

Best Answer

I have been pool swimming with my Flex every other day for a month (about 12 miles) - Flex tracks activity at a level relative to swimming effort.

I have seen no evidence of electrical horrors like the rumors floated in fitbit community - though I try to charge later that day to dry out the contacts.

Best Answer

do you take it off and wipe it after you swim

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the flex 2. Yes, after it is wet, I rinse it, dry it and the band, and then that night charge it.  So far, so good (chlorine, salt water, sea water, no issues).

Best Answer
0 Votes