Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS not mapping my route

ANSWERED

fitbitshare_1098163825.PNG

I have a Versa 2. When I start a walk, the Versa and my phone show that it's connected. It tracks all of my other stats except for the map of my route. This started this week (9/21/20). Any thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The night before this started happening, I updated to Android 11. Somehow my location permission was reset from 'always allow' to 'only when using the app'. After switching back to always allow, my maps were recorded with accuracy. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Reboot your fitbit by turning it off and then on.  Then it would reconnect again.  Also, I use MapmyRun app when walking.  So I have something to compare the accuracy.

I have Versa #2 and a Samsung Galaxy #7....about to change my phone soon.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

The night before this started happening, I updated to Android 11. Somehow my location permission was reset from 'always allow' to 'only when using the app'. After switching back to always allow, my maps were recorded with accuracy. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem, last week it was showing a map. This week nothing. Checked my location setting on my phone and it’s set correctly. Any other suggestions? 

Best Answer

Hi:

I found out that my bluetooth need to be turned off and then on.  Then my fitbit starts working properly.  Sorry for being so late with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this from this week also!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Rabs1, thank you for participating in our Fitbit forums. If your Fitbit device doesn't map your route, please restart it as described in this help article. After this, check out this help page, which explains how the GPS feature works on your Fitbit device. This article also contains some troubleshooting steps for you to try.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been advised by Fitbit support that there is a current known issue with GPS tracking. It has been working fine for me for walk activities, but didn't work today when I tried to log a run. I have been given no further information with ETA for a fix on this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @hallmichaelr, thank you for getting back. We don't have an estimated time, however, our team is actively working on a fix and we expect to have a solution released soon.

We appreciate your patience and time with this.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer