Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Healthy relationships in this community

I want to form some healthy relationships in this community.   A lot of my real life relationships are unhealthy.  I find myself eating or drinking too much when I am with my real life community.  I need a supportive, inspired group!!  A group to help keep in focus the things that are really important in life. Damaging relationship cause emotional eating and I find myself in a vicious cycle of damaging behaviours. 

Anyone want to share experiences? mental fitness is JUST as important...if not more...than physical fitness...cheers to group therapy!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Chris - I totally get what you posted - I find that hanging out with some of the people in my life has led to a loooooottttt of eating and drinking that had caused me to gain weight - plus I think some of the people around me cause me stress which makes it even worse! (and want to eat more) fortunately my closest relationship also now has a FitBit as well and we both seem to be on the path to feeling and being better - and it looks like the support here is incredible! Feel free to share with me your story and how things are going for you!

Best Answer

I totally agree, my husband and I both put on a lot of weight and I'm changing my habits, but it is hard for him. He doesn't always have time to eat at work (mgr at Walgreens = no breaks) and his work schedule is different every day and week to week as well, so he eats fast food and really late at night. It is hard for me to resist snacking if I am awake when he eats late at night. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are so right, healthy relationships will help with a healthy lifestyle, both in real life and in an on-line community like this.  I only had this conversation on Monday with a new friend when we got together for an unplanned morning tea as our Outdoor fitness group was cancelled.  I say new friend as we met at this group but only really had small conversations usually just before or just after each session.  In the past morning tea would involve lots of bad things, but we had a coffee and chatting so much that we forgot the bad stuff, then after a while a plate of cut up melon was put on the table and suddenly we were eating that

People around you are always going to subconciously put tempation in your way, its how we handle these situations which will define the new healthy lifestyle we are aiming for.  Over the past couple of years I have tried to counter this by always bringing healthy nibblies when visiting and when having friends over putting healthy options on the table. I try to keep myself at the oposite side of any nibbly table to avoid snacking and always keep a glass of water in my hand at all times as full hands help me grabbing a snack.

Over time the people around you will hopefully understand what you are doing and support you.  Also you will find you are drawn to like minded people, until then this is a great supportive community to help you on your journey.

Nat

Best Answer
0 Votes

To some extent, mental and physical health are closely related.  How closely varies from person to person.  But, a hard workout does bring a warm glow of satisfaction and perhaps even an endorphin rush that is hard to beat by sitting on the sofa eating and drinking. 

Best Answer

Hi, what a good thread, thank you! When there are so many terrible things happening in the world, I really want, too, a healthy relationship and community. It's very important to surround yourself with good people who have moral values. Everyone has their own norm. It's important to educate yourself to have an opinion. To read a variety of literature about relationships. Because you don't always understand that relationships can be unhealthy. Sometimes you love a man so much that you forgive him everything. And he uses it and can do with you what he wants. As a result, he remains unpunished. And you'll be miserable with him all your life. And so, I came to the conclusion that for someone a healthy relationship can be dating with sugar daddy, because he is an adult experienced man, and also financially secure, as a rule. And there are some secret benefits in this relationship.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@chris7064 I agree with you that mental fitness is just as important, a healthy relationship starts with a healthy mind in a healthy body. 

Hi @skuggi does. your husband has a Fitbit? My girlfriend and I have found ways to combine fitness and quality time. We set up a weekly fitness challenge (for example whoever does more steps), at the end of the week the winner gets to pick an activity and the loser has to make it happen. It has been helping us so much that we decided to promote the idea to help other couples, we called it TheCoupleChallenge.

Back to the relationship topics, has anyone heard of the 4 horsemen? Unfortunately, too many couples throw in the towel with their ‘’Swipe Left’’ mentality and conclude  they are ‘’Not Meant To Be’’, only to repeat the same dysfunctional patterns in their next relationship. To prevent clashes you need to avoid the 4 horsemen of the relationship apocalypse. 

4 Horsemen 1.jpg

4 Horsemen 2.jpg

4 Horsemen 3.jpg

4 Horsemen 4.jpg

TheCoupleChallenge.com - The weekly couple fitness challenge that leads to togetherness fun!
Best Answer

Hello. I really want to start a serious relationship. Perhaps you can share your love story with us. Perhaps this can be done through dating sites? What do you think is the real way?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I've been looking for Fitbit friends myself, to broaden my support system. My boyfriend and friends and family are pretty good, but at times family does cause me drama. Things have gotten better since I put some distance where it needed to go and put up boundaries where they needed to be. I totally get the issue though, and I'm down for being your friend if you would like 🙂 feel free to add me if so.

Best Answer
0 Votes