Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate spikes

I am a 5'7" 18 female with a bmi of 20.4. I used to do a lot of running training, but stopped due to covid. Since then, my heart rate has been completely out of control with any physical exercise. My resting heart rate is high 60s, (66 to 68), yet I'll meander through a store with no haste in my movements and my heart rate will be in the 130s. I get out of breath, my vision gets spotty, my head gets foggy, etc. I've even fainted a few times due to this. I simply stand still and my heart rate rises to 98 to 105. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

See a doctor soon, or even emergency room.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Full agrement with @JohnnyRow on this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an appointment scheduled for the 3rd, but I've been waitlisted for 2 months.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, that long? Be careful until then (and always).  I hope it gets resolved for you.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That seems like a cause for an ER visit. I have a rather high RHR (80s to 90s) and when I stand/move around it rarely gets above 120. Usually 100 to 110.

I'm physically fit, docs don't really know why my RHR is higher, but they don't believe it's dangerous since it has been this way forever.

Best Answer
0 Votes