Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting tracker BEFORE or after warm up?

Hey there. I wonder if I should start the tracker for weight training before I do the warm up or after? My warm up consists of 10 minutes cardio and 15 min stretching. After that I start with the weights. What is the recommended approach here?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @SteffoS 

I moved your post to the Get Moving section. 

I think it does not matter, do what you prefer to do. Since the Tracker does not register much anyway (it does not record reps for example), I think you can do both. 

Best Answer

@SteffoS I include my warm up, personally. I think it depends on what your personal preference is.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

@SteffoS for me it depends which device I use. I usually start Fitbit tracking before warmup and finish after cooldown as it doesn't really matter which mode I use for weights that includes a warmup with a few minutes of cardio, dynamic stretching and/or a few warmup sets. I just track it as general Workout. On Garmin, I separate workout stages for better data visibility. Depends what floats your boat 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes