Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate doing daily activities

ANSWERED
Hi team

Iam curious what everybodies average heart rate is while walking through the office, grocery shopping or just generally walking around during the day. Mine seems to average around 105 bpm while walking through my office etc. would be interested to know anyone else's walking heart rates to compare! Thanks in advance
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Mine usually stays anywhere from 70-80 depending on what I'm doing.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

Mine stays around 80. I might get it to 90+ depending on the specific activity, but generally it is very tame.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

Walking around the office my heart rate is about 70, working in the barn cleaning out the stalls it is about 90; that said, when I go for a run it can get well up into the 170s.  🙂

Best Answer

My resting is usually around 60 or just under.  I looked at yesterday (a low activity day until I got home).  I hit ~110 twice in the morning.  Once getting ready for work (running around) and once which was a trip down to one of the cells in the plant.  The rest of the day I didn't crack 100, mostly 90s.  This included a little walking, some shopping on the way home, etc.

After work, however, I hit 177.   🙂

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Mine usually stays anywhere from 70-80 depending on what I'm doing.

Best Answer

Mine stays around 80. I might get it to 90+ depending on the specific activity, but generally it is very tame.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I had the same question. My resting heart rate is around 86. It jumps to 105 or more when I stand up or walk from room to room. Unloading the dishes or other simple chores it gets to 140+. I am pregnant wich raises you heart rate a bit and have had some health issues associated with pregnancy. Otherwise I am pretty healthy though. Just curious to see how everyone compairs. 

Best Answer

I’m 8 months pregnant and my normal resting heart rate has went up from 64 (not pregnant) to 85!! Mine gets up to around 145 sometimes when walking up the stairs. Even when I’m sitting down during the day it stays from 90-110. My husband is a cardiologist and says that as long as it comes down after getting to 145 it should be fine. As long as everything else is normal and you don’t have an existing heart condition. I naturally have low blood pressure and he said this could be a cause of a higher heart rate during pregnancy. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply! This is super helpful to know!

Best Answer

Resting heart rate is personal.  Depends on many factors both internal and external.   The number means nothing without more information.   What is a good measurement of heart health is recover rate.   I.E. the time it takes to get back to what ever is 'normal' for you from an increase.  BTW mine ranges from 66 to 70 depending on time of day.

glen

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for that post. 

I am in my thirties (not pregnant) and my resting heart rate is 72, goes to 105 during daily activities. I am worried about my heart health but reading your reply helps.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

My heart rate is very similar to yours, just wondering if you have seen a cardiologist? I am in the process of testing now.

My resting heartrate is pretty normal, 70-90. But standing it can go up to 110 and simple house duties even higher. Laundry or carrying in groceries 130-140. Cooking 115-120 at times. But always goes back to normal with rest. Just curious if any of you with similar numbers have seen a cardiologist? I am in the process of appointments and tests now. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

You should look into Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. If you HR increased >30 BPM when you stand up for ~5-10 minutes, that's POTS. https://dysautonomiainternational.org/page.php?ID=30

You should look into Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS). Google "Dysautonomia International POTS" for the basic info (if your HR increases by more than 30 BPM when you're standing up for about 10 minutes, this is you!) to see if your doctors think this could be affecting you.

Best Answer

Hi did you get tested? I'm going through the same thing.

Hi did you get tested and what was your outcome? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My average is 85. I am the same way. Mine is around 130-140 while doing dishes and cleaning. Has reached 160 while going up and down stairs putting things away. I had an EKG and 24 holter. Everything is perfectly normal!

Best Answer
Hi, Yes I did have a ekg, echo, stress test and a 24 hour Holter test which
all came back normal. But still have elevated heartrate with minimal
exertion. My Dr. wanted me to try a beta blocker for 2 weeks but I denied
taking it since my resting heartrate is so normal I wa a concerned with it
making my resting rate too low. My next step is blood testing for thyroid
and anemia.
Best Answer

Yes the exact same thing with me! I denied the beta blocker also. I did the blood test and it also came back normal. 

Best Answer

I am wondering if more cardio will help, but I know it’s frustrating to not
get an answer to why it happens.

Hi, I did stress test, 24 hour Holter test, echo and ekg and all came back normal. Next step is blood testing for thyroid and anemia. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, yes, I also did EKG, stress test, TONS of visits to cardiologist over the course of YEARS, and everything with my heart was 100% normal. The problem with POTS is that it's caused by the autonomic nervous system. So, for people with POTS, when we stand up, our blood pressure drops AND our heart rate increases. (I had no idea that other people maintained their resting HR when they stood up until I was diagnosed.) This is also partially caused by the vessels in your lower extremities not contracting adequately to return blood to your heart (hence the HR increase - trying to get blood back to your heart). So, when I walk (aka, when I did a stress test), I feel 100% fine, because my legs are pumping blood back to my heart and all is well. But when I just stand...i.e cooking, waiting on long lines, that's when I have a problem. Minimal exertion was exhausting. After extensive testing and doctors who said it was all in my head, all it took was a 10 minute test of resting HR vs. standing HR to show that I had POTS. Now I'm on meds and I can stand and do activity mostly normally! The real test is if, upon standing, your HR increases more than 30 BPM within a few minutes. More info: https://www.dysautonomiainternational.org/page.php?ID=30

Best Answer
Equart- Thanks for sharing, I will do more research about pots. I have had
times when my heartrate increases 30 bpm when standing but mine happens
more when bending over and doing things like dishes and laundry or
showering. But, if I stop and stand still my heartrate will gradually
decrease. Do you mind me asking if your taking a beta blocker and if it
dramatically decreases your resting heartrate?
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is so interesting to me. I just read that article and it really does sound like I could possibly have POTS. Do you mind me asking what medication that put you on?

Best Answer
0 Votes