Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate zone alert

I'm looking to get a fitbit to replace my current chest strap for running. One feature my current app has is heart rate zone alert. (It beeps me if it goes beyond a certain threshold so I can slow down)

Does the fitbit do that without a phone ?

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I don't think it does. The HRM tends to have periods of lousy accuracy, so it might be annoying to have an alert. 

Best Answer

None of the current HR-enabled Fitbit trackers do that AFAIK, even with a phone.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone know if the new Ionic will have this feature ? If possible via the bluetooth audio

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t rely on my Fitbit for accurate heart rate info.  When I want to accurately monitor my heart rate I use my chest monitor.  I’ve compared the data from both and there is no way the Fitbit heart rate info is accurate.  Just saying.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, so I'm hearing and learning that the HR monitor is not accurate, nor is the GPS, and so I'm kind of wondering the purpose of the Fitbit, since it's supposed to track calories burned and monitor sleep, and it relies on HR to do that.  Can it only count steps?  Is that the only thing it's good for?  And why are people so obsessed about steps??

Best Answer

I’ve come to the conclusion that my Blaze is only good for letting me know time, day and date.  I do find it to be reasonably accurate for step count, stairs and distance.  However, what I do like is the group challenges.  While I know the results aren’t accurate it gets me moving with a group of peeps from all over the world and it’s fun.

Best Answer

Hi Shingy ...

CSOD (chronic step obsession disorder) is a condition found in many fitbit users that somehow empowers them to gauge progress and compete with others with the same disorder .  In the more advanced cases very strange behaviours such as frantic pacing around a room late at night to increase step count and parking a car in an nearby state and walking several hundred miles to the grocery store . In it's advanced stages the obsession takes on many variants not involving "steps", the most notable seen to date was an individual (this is true) who wondered how to use his fitbit to log sex with his wife as an activity .  

Best Answer

Love, love, your post

Best Answer
0 Votes