Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High restin heart rate

ANSWERED

I'm 32 year old female and I weigh 128 pounds ... exercise about 2-3 times a week. My resting heart rate fluctuates between 77-82... I don't know if this is Normal or not. Everyone one I know (even friends that are overweight ) have lower resting heart rates than me, like in the 60s. I don't know if I should be concerned... I read a bunch of stuff online about how if your resting heart rate is over 77 you will die of a stroke .... 😒

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'll offer a slightly different answer (perhaps confirming nobody here can really know the true answer for you).

If you feel okay, don't let some calculated Fitbit stat make you go looking for trouble. Losing 13 pounds since Feb is great - not too fast and still keeping it off. 

Also keep in mind, Fitbit's "resting heart rate" is slightly different and a bit higher than what you might be reading about on-line. Most sources consider "resting heart rate" to be the lowest heart rate recorded for the day, though, even at that, there are different opinions whether that should include sleep or just waking time.  If you look at your Fitbit heart rate graph, you will probably see it dip a few beats below Fitbit's RHR stat.  The Fitbit RHR is just as useful for watching trends but it is probably a bit higher than the same number your internet research calls "resting heart rate".

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

It’s on the high end of the normal range (60-80), but still within the normal range. I noticed your account was created yesterday, so I’ll assume your Fitbit is brand new. If so, wait until you have a few weeks of history, so you get a better picture of where it’s settling.

Have you recently resumed exercising after a longer period of being sedentary? If so, it’s quite possible you’ll see your RHR drop over time, as your fitness level improves.

Your GP is a better source of information about your health than random stuff posted online by unknown people.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I've had my Fitbit since February and my resting heart rate has not gone down since I got it... even though I have lost 13 pounds since February...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aligee I would suggest you talk to a doctor. It's always better to be on the safe side when dealing with your health. Infection, inflammation (such as arthritis), and other illnesses can cause your heart rate to increase, so this could be a warning sign. Hopefully it isn't anything to worry about, you need to speak to a doctor to be sure. Be well.

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

The first thing I would do is stop reading the internet and self diagnosing. The second thing I would do is make an appointment with your doctor so they can tell you if there is anything to worry about. As well meaning as we might be, we are not medical professionals and even if we were would never offer any type of advice. Take your fitbit data with you and have a talk with your doctor.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

I'll offer a slightly different answer (perhaps confirming nobody here can really know the true answer for you).

If you feel okay, don't let some calculated Fitbit stat make you go looking for trouble. Losing 13 pounds since Feb is great - not too fast and still keeping it off. 

Also keep in mind, Fitbit's "resting heart rate" is slightly different and a bit higher than what you might be reading about on-line. Most sources consider "resting heart rate" to be the lowest heart rate recorded for the day, though, even at that, there are different opinions whether that should include sleep or just waking time.  If you look at your Fitbit heart rate graph, you will probably see it dip a few beats below Fitbit's RHR stat.  The Fitbit RHR is just as useful for watching trends but it is probably a bit higher than the same number your internet research calls "resting heart rate".

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thanks for the feed back! I consulted my doctor and she said my resting heart rate is within the norm and I don't have anything to worry about 🤗 

Best Answer
0 Votes