Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Change the Daily Step Goal?

ANSWERED

Hello all!

Recently I injured myself foot running and developed something known as capsulitis on the second toe of my right foot. My podiatrist recommended I limit my activity for a bit and I'm trying to do that, but I'm a very active person. I love to exercise.

I would like to lower my daily step goal from 10k to 7.5k, but I'm not sure how. Within the forums, I found this:

To set your goal:
  1. Log in to your Fitbit.com Dashboard.
  2. Click the gear icon in the top-right corner of the page.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Click Devices.
  5. Under Daily Goal Progress, choose the goal you want to work toward.
  6. Sync your Flex to transfer the new goal to your tracker.

Unfortunately, once I click on settings and devices under my Fitbit dashboard on my desktop, I only see links for my Surge and Aria. I can't seem to find the "Daily Goal Progress" link. I'd appreciate any help I can get with this.

Thanks so much 🙂

(P.S. Has anyone ever had capsulitis? It seems that the only way to treat it is through rest, custom orthotics and better fitting shoes--both of which I already have--and surgery which I want to avoid at all costs. Again, anything on this subject would be greatly appreciated. I've gotten several cortisone shots in my toe and the issue just keeps coming back.)

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 5.45.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-27 at 5.45.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-27 at 5.45.27 PM.png

Best Answer

Note that it doesn't always work and you have to do it by the phone itself. Click on the ID card on the top right, then "Activity", and change the steps quantity there.

Best Answer

You have to do it in the app. There's a little icon in the upper right (for me at least) that looks like an ID card. Tap that. Scroll down to Goals and press Activity. Within that you can change your step goals.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Best Answer

Please make it easy so far nothing I tried has worked. Brand new user, brand new fit bit. All connected to my iphone 6splus

Best Answer
0 Votes

DanielleinDC's answer worked for me on the fitbit app on my Android phone. I could change the 10,000 step goal to 15,000, for example. I wish that the web page dashboard would provide the option to make that type of a change, too. 

Best Answer

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

The dashboard section does not show up for me.  It's just a rectangle with a circle going round and round.  The ID card I can access in the app, change the data (calories burned) and when I go back into the screen, the numbers have defaulted back to what they were before I changed them.  Is there a third way to do this?  Or is there something else that needs to be done?  I'm sooooo frustrated!  Thank you.

NOTE: I have found the fixes for the dashboard section and the calories burned activity goal. 

The "Today" tile will not display properly if you have any activity goals set to zero - I had floors climbed and distance set to zero because I'm not tracking those.  I changed the goals to non zero values and the "Today" tile now displays properly.  See "Tile shows a spinning icon and doesn't load" topic in the "Fitbit.com Dashboard" help forum.  https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/Tile-shows-a-spinning-icon-and-doesn-t-load/m-p...

Changing the calories burned goal is another issue.  You cannot update it via the app or the dashboard - it seems to change but will default to the value it was originally set to.  In order to update it, see:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/Unable-to-change-calorie-goal/m-p/947042

Many thanks to @ErickFitbit and @Earth

Best Answer

Your instructions are what what worked for me. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your words "You have to do it in the app" were the magic words for me.  I finally was able to follow your directions and change my fitness goals.  THANK YOU!

Best Answer
0 Votes

no helop. doesn't work from app on desktop

Best Answer
0 Votes

IowaTom:  How about those HAWKEYES!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This answer doesn't appear to apply to the current website.  If not, it should be removed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t find the icon.  Would you mind inserting a photo of what the icon looks like ?

Best Answer

Did that and it goes back to original goal

Best Answer
0 Votes