Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can fitbit record my P90X workout?

I am new to this, and am still trying to figure out how fitbit records physical activities. Yesterday I did my P90X3 workout and my activity barely registerd. Is it only set up to measure steps?

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Manually enter the exercise in the activities log.

Scott | Aviano Italy

Force, One, Charge, Charge HR, Surge - iOS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is not a Heart Rate Monitor. I wear one and Manually log activites like P90X. I input the cal burned from my HRM

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just did P90X3 - CVX and Fitbit said I had 2 minutes of activity.... I hate to have to wear this and a HRM.  Oh well.... Here's to being FIT!!  Yay!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

A HRM doesn't track weight training well, either.  May as well just log it manually, if you must log it at all.

Mary | USA

Fitbit One

Still seeking answers? The Fitbit help articles are a great place to look.

Best Answer
0 Votes

P90X calculator - http://p90xcalories.com/

I am using this to figure my calories then I am manually logging them.

Best Answer
I do use a hrm even though it isn't really set up to estimate calorie burn for weight lifting or any non-aerobic exercise. In my case, my HRM calorie burn tends to be more than fitbit credits and less than the exercise database would credit. I feel pretty safe using this since when I eat those calories it seems to work out about right in terms of results. The exercise database is based on METs for a certain activity adjusted for your weight. I think logging from the database should put you in the right ball park (and is quite possible my HRM underestimates since it isn't actually aerobic exercise). Sadly, it seems the search function doesn't work well for me. The database did have two intensities of weight training (light-to-moderate effort and vigorous effort), circuit training, light-to-moderate calisthenics and vigorous calisthenics. I often do either weights circuits or bodyweight circuits and have noticed "circuit training" and "vigorous calisthenics" give me the same calorie burn estimate (and looking at a MET chart they were listed the same on that chart). I would use one of those if you are taking no or minimal rests and can feel your heart rate/breathing increased from the workout. For ab work, leg lifts, etc I'd use calisthenics light to moderate effort. For heavy weight lifting with rests, I'd use vigorous effort lifting during the work portions. I sometimes will run my activity timer during strength training and pace during my rests. This results in it looking like I am more active during the rests as fitbit often doesn't pick up a lot fo strength exercises so I can get an idea how long my work vs rest was when I look at the activity report steps view. This does not work for workouts where you do plyos or cardio drills during the rests though (it might but I would just log that type of workout as "circuit training"). I've done P90X original workouts but am not familiar with P90X 3, so this is just very general. With the original my fitbit liked the plyos and the martial arts cardio but not the strength, stretching or yoga workouts.

Sam | USA

Fitbit One, Macintosh, IOS

Accepting solutions is your way of passing your solution onto others and improving everybody’s Fitbit experience.

Best Answer