Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is my Cardio Fitness score so high?

ANSWERED

I'm not trying to brag, but my Cardio Fitness score seems way too high.

I started running two months ago, and I could only run for a mile and half before being exhausted.  I knew I had to build endurance.  In the beginning of this month I bought the Charge 2 to really track my progress, and I discover the app has a cardio fitness score.  My score is already above 55, excellent for a man of my age.  How is it so high when I was never really athletic until two months ago?  Also, I can now run 3.4 miles for 30 minutes.

Best Answer
63 REPLIES 63

Ok, thanks for enlightening my folly! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sahil22 wrote:

Ok, thanks for enlightening my folly! 

Your cardio fitness score expressed as a single number is still likely to be high (based on the current range) and put you in the same category ("excellent for men your age"). To give you an idea, I had a score of 58-62 until a couple of days ago. Then, I performed a 12 minute run on a more or less flat surface (it’s a challenge to find one where I live), recorded it as such on my Ionic (= GPS was activated) and my score became 51. Although lower (and more realistic IMO), the score is still deemed "excellent for men your age" (I’m 58-yo).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there!

I am having this problem too. I have a cardio fitness score of 74, which is higher than the example 63 from a famous endurance runner. I am 23, 5’4”, about 120lbs, RH of 56 and exercise almost everyday but low intensity (short runs, yoga, elliptical, hikes, etc.)

I have ran on a flat surface track with my phone GPS hooked up a few times and it only goes up, but I know it must not be accurate. 

Is there something wrong with this particular device? Or should I go and see a doctor because my heart is pumping too slowly? Not sure. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My score is  heart health score  is 55 and I am 74 years old I am curious about the fact that my heart health score does not change even if I chang my settings to 35 years younger.

My daily steps are an average of 16 k a day  and my resting pulse is 57.

Best Answer
0 Votes