Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I prepare for the 70k step badge?

The last time I walked near that was for the 65k step badge last year in January 2020. I'm thinking about watching 30-50k at home and maybe finding a trail. How should i prepare?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@SavannahS1   Many people take 2000 steps per mile.  This is one of the "averages" used for training.  I did a quick search -- "how do I train for a 35 mile hike?" and several sites showed up.  Sounds like a good place for you to start, if no one offers another answer.  

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SavannahS1 There are a lot of Youtube videos out there of people doing 100K steps, I've learned a lot from watching them, but I personally haven't done more than 45K.  

I think it also depends on your average steps.  If your average is only 10K steps a day, I think 70K will be very tough on you physically and mentally.  I'd say 20K is a comfortable average to try to take on larger step goals.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SavannahS1 I love a good long distance walk, but that much in one day sounds painful, exhausting and debilitating for the next several days. If this is your goal, then make sure you have plenty of rest, hydrated and your shoes are top notch. Take breaks between miles and stretch your everything. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its been over a year but when I did my 65k it was painful but it wasn't as horrible the next day as I thought it would be. I'm mostly looking for advice on what to pack, like food. Other then water and sandwiches what else would be a good idea to bring?

Best Answer
0 Votes