Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add steps?

ANSWERED

I forgot to wear my fitbit today!(Inspire) Any way to add my steps?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @7000steps , yes, you can always manually add steps, either in the app or in the Fitbit web based dashboard.

On the app click on the exercise icon the. choose the stopwatch icon top right and then log or log previous and enter details there.  

In the web based dashboard go to “log” (top menu) the choose activity and scroll to the bottom.

Be aware that manual logs won’t count for challenges or friends’ leaderboard.

If you need more hope with manual logging, let us know which system you are using so someone can help further.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Hi, @7000steps , yes, you can always manually add steps, either in the app or in the Fitbit web based dashboard.

On the app click on the exercise icon the. choose the stopwatch icon top right and then log or log previous and enter details there.  

In the web based dashboard go to “log” (top menu) the choose activity and scroll to the bottom.

Be aware that manual logs won’t count for challenges or friends’ leaderboard.

If you need more hope with manual logging, let us know which system you are using so someone can help further.

Best Answer

VERY HELPFUL!!! THANK YOU!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use Inspire 2.  this method allows me to add a walk, for example, but not steps.  Is it possible to add steps (I have the number from another app!)

Best Answer

I have the same problem it wont let me add steps although I could swear I did this before

Best Answer

@Lisa_AA @Jane_T 

It's a little confusing in the app, but make sure you are clicking the stopwatch after you open the exercise app on your phone, not the gear icon (that's for manually , then click 'log' (as opposed to track) then put in the time you started the walk, the duration (30 minutes or whatever) and distance in miles or km.  Fitbit will calculate the steps based on your stride-length.  

It is important to get the time and duration correct. For the time period of the log, fitbit will override whatever steps and distance the device recorded during that time period.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Thanks so much for posting! That did the trick 😁

Best Answer

How do I add steps to the Charge 5?

Best Answer

Hi @Ccs65 You can't actually add steps on a tracker (except by doing them lol), only in the app, as was detailed above. But once added to the app they should sync through to your Charge 5

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

There seems to be no way to add steps (not walking, exercise etc) to the app.  Tried the solutions mentioned but none working for adding actual steps.

Best Answer

@Canadiana , you can add steps, but they must be added as part of an activity.  If you want to add steps, just choose “walk” as your activity and follow the steps outlined above.

Best Answer

No stopwatch icon nothing. 

Best Answer

Hi, @BH55 you will find this on your Fitbit app, not on the device itself.  I’ll share some pictures from the iOS app to help.  The Android app is almost exactly the same, so if you use Android hopefully these pictures will be enough to give you guidance on how to do this:

On the opening screen of your app click on the exercise “tile”:

E1E22E0D-21BF-4743-B561-5266A278D82D.jpeg

On the next screen (exercise screen) you will see the stopwatch top right

BB017492-77D9-4189-807D-A17419276982.jpeg

That will bring up a screen where you can log an exercise.  You will see a list of recent exercises or just begin typing in the box to bring up any exercises built in to the Fitbit database or any custom exercises that you have already set up.

BB056E5F-A68A-4E1B-AA6A-31EC21D6B66B.png

Hopefully this helps!

Best Answer

no "log" on the dashboard.  no activity

Best Answer

can't find any of this; would be nice if someone could specfically answer how to add steps on the website app.

Best Answer

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @UncleJoe2 , I am so sorry but I am unclear how to answer your question - though I am sure that I can…

There is no “website app” there is the app and there is the website

I am guessing you are on the website.  In that case you will see at the top of every page Dashboard Log Community Store.  Click on Log.

On the next page in the same area you can choose between Food, Activitities Weight Sleep.

Choose activities.

Then, as mentioned above, you cannot log steps except via logging activities.  So choose one (presumably walk) and add in your steps there.

I hope this helps!

Best Answer

fitb.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @UncleJoe2 , this looks like you may have some corporate version?  Does your company supply your Fitbits?  The standard web version has different tabs on the front.

What happens if when you are in logged in here n the forums if you go to the top of the page and click on “Dashboard” which you should see top : Help Dashboard Store

Do you see the same thing?

Best Answer