Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you could walk or run anywhere in the world....

Here's a fun / dreamy thought to contemplate.  If you could walk or run absolutely anywhere in the country or world (with your FitBit counting steps), and cost and time restrictions weren't an issue, where would it be?  

Stephen | USA

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.--John Wooden, legendary UCLA coach

Accepting Solutions is your way of passing your solution onto others and improving everybody's Fitbit experience. Take a look here for more Fitbit help.

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Anywhere and everywhere in Europe Smiley Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

@Marcy Really? Finland sounds like a good place to live. I didn't know all that information. Thanks for sharing Smiley Very Happy

I'd say anywhere in Asia, maybe Egypt or going to Europe (Roma, Great Britain but especially Scotland). 

Fitbit Community ModeratorEdgar | Community Moderator

You're what you eat. Want to feel great? Get Fit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Edgar wrote:

@Marcy Really? Finland sounds like a good place to live. I didn't know all that information. Thanks for sharing Smiley Very Happy

Finland summers are amazing.  The lake district is the nicest place I've seen for freshwater boating.  I can't really speak to living there.  My understanding is that Finland is cold and dark during the winter which may not appeal to everyone.  Finns are modest and I don't think they tout much about their beautiful country. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marcy Nice, yeah there are many things to consider before taking the adventure of your life in another country. I gfuess you never know how much or when you'd like to start a new life in that specific place. Thanks for sharing this info again.

Have a nice Sunday!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Edgar wrote:

@Marcy Really? Finland sounds like a good place to live.

@EdgarFitbit: having lived in Finland for more than 30 years, ie. most of my adult life, I can confirm it's a good place to live, and also for outdoor fitbitting in all seasons.

Here is @Marcy in Koli and Petkeljärvi national parks:

IMG_20140724_122612845.jpg

IMG_20140724_174924332.jpg

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Koli and Petkeljärvi National Parks in Finland are beautiful. Petkeljärvi is so quiet it's surreal. I've seen it described as the quietest place on earth. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dominique @Marcy I didn't know you were living in Finland Dominique, what a surprise! 

Yep, they seem to be beautiful places to relax, meditate and find yourself through. Thanks for sharing your personal stuff, I'd like to travel to Finland soon Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rome and I'll be running the marathon there in three weeks Smiley Happy  We'll be in Dublin after that so I'm sure I'll get in a few runs there too.  There are just so many great places including many right here in the US!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If time was no limit then i would love to hike the length of NZ

http://www.teararoa.org.nz/

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Stephen1227, this is such a cool and interesting discussion, it's great to see how everyone has different ideas and preferences.

I would like to run and walk everywhere in Europe, but if I had to choose only one country I would say Ireland, I haven't been there yet, but I just think I would love it so much, the landscape is so beautiful. Smiley Very Happy

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

My husband and I run whenever we go on vacation. We had a 12 hour layover in London a few years ago and did a 'jogging tour'. We did a 10K sighseeing run with a guide. It was awesome - and a great way to break up long travel. Didn't have a fitbit at the time! We've run in Amsterdam, London, Paris, Honolulu, Maui, Panama City, Whistler, BC and all over the continental US..it allows us the calories to enjoy all the awesome food wherever we may be. And it gives us entry in to the local community in a non-touristic way. Hooray running! 

Best Answer

Fantastic @wheresanita, that's a great way for sightseeing, and exactly as you said, it allows you to enjoy the awesome food in the process.  Robot wink

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer