Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a good routine?

ANSWERED

Hi, I'd like some advice on my current routine I invented. My current routine is.

Morning run

Cardio

Arms

Legs

Abs

Each day I do all those things, Is that too much?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Deezy123.

Doing the same thing every day is probably not the best approach. If you do one type of cardio one day (jogging, elliptical, crosstraining, rowing), I would do another type of cardio the next. If you do arms and legs strengthening one day, I would do abs the next. If you like to run every morning, I would suggest incorporating an interval scheme (like alternating five minutes brisk walk and jog segments), with the resulting HR peaks and valleys keeping your metabolism challenged throughout your walk/jog interval workout.

I agree with my mystical friend @SunsetRunner - adding weights (free weights will do just fine) would be a nice complement, targeting different muscle groups every time you do weights. If you don't have enough room to use weights, you could try resistance bands, which you can use pretty much anywhere.

Hope this helps. Have a nice day.

Smiley Happy     TW     Smiley Wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Are you using weights? Most people take a break and do every other day.

But I do cardio and abs daily.

But Running is Cardio so you really dont need to do it twice.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

To me it sounds like a lot- but it depends how long and what intensity. You may want to designate days but work each area harder. And you for sure want a rest day. So maybe M- run and arms. T- eliptical and core W- run and arms,etc.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Listen to your body, when feeling needing to force yourself to do exercise, have some rest instead, recovery is important.

Build up exercise gradually.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Deezy123.

Doing the same thing every day is probably not the best approach. If you do one type of cardio one day (jogging, elliptical, crosstraining, rowing), I would do another type of cardio the next. If you do arms and legs strengthening one day, I would do abs the next. If you like to run every morning, I would suggest incorporating an interval scheme (like alternating five minutes brisk walk and jog segments), with the resulting HR peaks and valleys keeping your metabolism challenged throughout your walk/jog interval workout.

I agree with my mystical friend @SunsetRunner - adding weights (free weights will do just fine) would be a nice complement, targeting different muscle groups every time you do weights. If you don't have enough room to use weights, you could try resistance bands, which you can use pretty much anywhere.

Hope this helps. Have a nice day.

Smiley Happy     TW     Smiley Wink

Best Answer
Have you ever watched a YouTube channel called Blogilates?? She talks about a lot of fitness and shows a lot of workouts and she talks about losing weight and heathly meals, she is a great inspiration to people so I suggest you watch her
Best Answer