Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumping June 2022 Step Challenge and Photo Scavenger Hunt

ANSWERED

Holy Moly it’s nearly JUNE, and the last month of the first half of 2022! Wow!

That means it is time to get a jump on the rest of the year. You can still jump, right?  Jump to the head of the line? Jump on the bed? Jump over the dog, or over a crack - so you don’t break your mother’s back? 

How It Works:

The primary purpose of these monthly challenges has been to keep track of your daily step goals for the month; though many of us track other things as well, like body weight exercises, sleep, trips to the gym, logging food, etc. This is not a competition to see who can do the most of whatever, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency. So whether you do 1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of the monthly total you can hit your goal.

Some might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and others might have a variable goal throughout the week, (and some might even plan days off!) for example.
Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day
Sat & Sun = “6k steps a day,” or “not tracking”

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for the monthly challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format
1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.
2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved out of the monthly minimum and or monthly total

Although you certainly don’t have to post daily, you’ll likely stay closer to what you set out to do by updating the thread several times/week.

Picture Scavenger Hunt — 3 pictures 

The theme of the photo scavenger hunt is JUMPING. Anything that shows some action with feet off the ground (jumping dogs, kids, you, a bird …. ). Aren't birds supposed to fly instead of jump?

Open your wings, you fool!!!Open your wings, you fool!!!

Injury Notice
If you injure yourself during the month and need to scale back due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
107 REPLIES 107

@ArtistAndrea -- That's a good idea. Lowering goals so that they are pretty easy to achieve can be a good way to reinforce a habit you are trying to build. For example, (almost) every day I do a pull up and a pushup. Those are easy for me and successfully getting them in reinforces the mental picture I have of myself of being an active person. For July I'll adjust down a couple of the goals I did make this month. Once I get back on track, I'll push them up again to make them more challenging.  I look forward to seeing you in the July challenge.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes

Jumping June Day 30 -- Final day!

16K steps/day 26/28

15 6-10 minute calisthenics workout

8/15

15 weight-lifting days 

12/15

post 3 scavenger pics

3/3

Sleep 6:15 hours + 20 days or more during the month 

8/20

1 pull-up

27/28

Unicycle: 15 mins/day for 28 days 

26/28

15 Dry (no alcohol) days6.3016/15
Beat June 2021 bike mileage (339.5 miles) 

NEW 30 jacks x 30 JJ Days = 900 Jumping Jacks 

13/30

I hit two very important goals. 16 dry days was one better than the goal (+ my tracking program, Sunnyside, indicates my weekly drinks dropped 11% to 10/week and 4 dry days/week), and I beat my June 2021 bike mileage. Also, though I didn't track it in the chart, according to Trendweight my weight was stable in June. That's good, but I was trying to lose some of the gains I've had over the first half of 2022, so I think I will add a weight loss goal for July.

My sleep goal needs some work. I think the main problem is that I'm not getting to bed early enough, especially now that I'm back to commuting to DC a couple of times a week (2hr trip between train and bike). But I'm going to drop the goal a bit in July to something a bit more achievable as I work on this one.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes

I posted this yesterday but it seems to have vanished!

43,000 steps per day25/28
3 days of 50,000 steps3/3
3 dog walks each day of at least 3 miles28/30
3 Scavenger Hunt pictures3/3 (coming up in the next posts)
Best Answer
0 Votes

A Nordic jumper!A Nordic jumper!A Nordic jumper

Best Answer
0 Votes

And some jump leadsAnd some jump leads

And some jump leads!

Best Answer

The best for last @Vidd 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer