Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining Health in our National Emergency.

ANSWERED

Friedrich Nietzsch was quoted "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.  This can also apply to our bodies.  Stress on our bones, muscles and immune system makes them stronger.  Our bodies are different today as opposed to yesterday depending on the amount of stress we placed on them yesterday.

Immobility causes our bones, muscles and immune system to become weaker.  Over stressing them has the opposite effect such as stress fractures, pulled muscles, tendonitis and colds and fevers.  In these trying times I have maintained my daily exercise regime of Cardio and weight training, but also being mindful of signs of being over stressed.  Along with this I have avoided over exposure to crowds, frequent had washing, and not touching my face.  Since I am 73 years of age, this is especially important to me and those of advanced age.  Remember doing too little is as bad as doing too much.  Please stay healthy!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
emili: Thank you for your input. If everyone on this site would read and
and just keep moving we will get thru this. Now if the trump
administration could stick to the TRUTH, take responsibility for the
consequences of their stupidity and inaction rather than blaming everyone
else. The adage about the fish rotting from the head is so true!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Great post @Corney  and I agree with you completely. I think there are extremes all over the place and the key to this is to be smart and stay active. There is no need to over eat or binge watch every show ever made. Go out and take a walk. Do some kind of physical activity every day. Keep your distance, wash your hands and practice good nutrition. There will be an end to this, the goal isn't to come out unhealthy in a way that has nothing to do with the virus. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
emili: Thank you for your input. If everyone on this site would read and
and just keep moving we will get thru this. Now if the trump
administration could stick to the TRUTH, take responsibility for the
consequences of their stupidity and inaction rather than blaming everyone
else. The adage about the fish rotting from the head is so true!
Best Answer