Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POWER WALKING

ANSWERED

Does anyone do any powerwalking? I usually walk at 6.5 kms per hr either on the treadmill or on the footpath. 

My fitbit counts the steps but the kilometers are inaccurate.  Is there a reason for it?  e.g. if I walk 15,000 steps it only shows about 6 kms.

Would appreciate someone's help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@lanakuczyn wrote:

Does anyone do any powerwalking? I usually walk at 6.5 kms per hr either on the treadmill or on the footpath. 

My fitbit counts the steps but the kilometers are inaccurate.  Is there a reason for it?  e.g. if I walk 15,000 steps it only shows about 6 kms.

Fitbit trackers are known to not count steps accurately when walking at a very fast pace. At least in my experience.

I have found that swinging my arms as in power walking (arms bend at a 90 degree angle), that the steps get counted accurately.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

In the app if you click account (bottom right corner) and then scroll down on the next page that opens you see Advanced Settings. Click that and scroll down again and there you can change your Stride Length.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lanakuczyn wrote:

Fitbit trackers are known to not count steps accurately when walking at a very fast pace. At least in my experience.

I have found that swinging my arms as in power walking (arms bend at a 90 degree angle), that the steps get counted accurately.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your suggestion

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you - shall try and see whether it makes any difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes