Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two Fitbits

ANSWERED
Anyone own two Fitbits and use both interchangeably? I saw there's the water proof one for swimming. Peaked my interest.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes, I have the Charge 2 and the Charge HR.  I wear the Charge 2 most of the time, especially for walks & hikes which I want to use the Connected GPS to map the exercise.  I wear the old Charge HR when I am doing yard work or gardening, or working on vehicles, and for most gym workouts where I will be working with weights.

The key is syncing the devices.  If I am wearing the Charge 2, and going to change to the Charge HR, I first sync the Charge 2 to make sure the dashboard is up to date, then I take it off and put the Charge HR and sync it - the Fitbit server will at that point update the Charge HR to have the same data as the Charge 2. When I am ready to put the Charge 2 back on, I sync them again before putting the Charge HR back in its storage area.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Yes, I have the Charge 2 and the Charge HR.  I wear the Charge 2 most of the time, especially for walks & hikes which I want to use the Connected GPS to map the exercise.  I wear the old Charge HR when I am doing yard work or gardening, or working on vehicles, and for most gym workouts where I will be working with weights.

The key is syncing the devices.  If I am wearing the Charge 2, and going to change to the Charge HR, I first sync the Charge 2 to make sure the dashboard is up to date, then I take it off and put the Charge HR and sync it - the Fitbit server will at that point update the Charge HR to have the same data as the Charge 2. When I am ready to put the Charge 2 back on, I sync them again before putting the Charge HR back in its storage area.

Best Answer
I do that with my old flex and blaze.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I own both a Charge HR and a Charge 2.  I had the Blaze for a little while, but it didn't suit me, so I gifted it to someone (we're calling it a loan for now).  I've worn my One now and then, but I'm considering giving it to someone I know as I've seen enough data to know that both my HR and Charge 2 miss a few steps, but they both give me a more information about my heart rate.  Also, because of work limitations I have to hide any tracker under my clothes.  The heart rate ones I stick in my bra, the One I can usually get away with it clipped to a pocket.  So some of that mismatch may be because of that.

Like @USAF-Larry I tend to wear the older Charge HR when doing dirty work... or if I've forgotten to charge the Charge 2.  Woman Tongue  In my case, both are waterproofed by a third party (not fitbit supported) so I swim and shower with both.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I am doing this now with my old FitBit One and my new Flex 2.  I was excited about the Flex 2 until I discovered that it doesn't capture stairs climbed.  Since that is one of my primary workout types, I am going back to my One only.  I can tell you that you can pair both with your account and both will sync automatically as they would if they were the only Fitbit on the account.    I think this gives you a good total from both devices added together if you alternate wearing them.   I accidentally wore both at the same time and they did not seem to duplicate the steps but can't guarantee that, I haven't tested it enough to be sure.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish that Fitbit will come out with a Fitbit that is very useful for tracking swimming training.

I have used the Flex, then Surge, now in the Blaze.

But when I get ready to log my swimming, I take off the Blaze and then put on my Garmin Swimwatch.

What sucks is that Garmin doesn't interact with Fitbit dashboard as Map My Run logs is able to do.

I want one watch for all use, and Fitbit doesn't provide a good solution for multisport.

I would switch to the Garmin Vivoactive HR, but don't want to loose my 2 years of Fitbit data.

Common Fitbit, come up with a Blaze style watch that can be waterproof and can log swimming training

Best Answer
0 Votes
The flex 2 does swimming.
Not sure how well. I don't swim so I've ne we used the feature. I just bought it. I switch between the blaze and flex 2 daily.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is an update to this discussion.  I have a Charge 2 and a Flex 2. I have set it to manually charge.  Before the new update I occasionally "lost" my data.  Meaning it would grab the Fitbit that I was not wearing and sync it and dial back my workout or walk or sleep.  With the new update of the app I can't even choose the Fitbit I want to sync.  It is a lot of fiddling.  Super ridiculous and frustrating.  I would get two with reservations.  But the Flex 2 is limited and I like to wear the Charge 2 all day.  I wish they would make a waterproof Fitbit with the full functionality of a charge 2.  I hate how much I fool around with this!   

Best Answer