Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rain, Rain, Go Away....

I am at day 5 on the "Fitbit Flex Weight Loss Plan" and it is raining!!!  I am a little bummed because I am not a fan of walking in the rain.  What do you do when weather gets in the way of your plan?  I guess I could go to the YMCA....

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

I bought the following water resistant outfit and go out for a walk anyway 🙂

Gore-text shoesRain jacketSoftshell trousers

Be one with the universe. If you fail. At least be one with your bike 😉
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good for you!!  That is some serious rain gear and serious dedication.  I suppose trying to convince myself that walking in the rain is FUN could be an option...Not feeling it yet...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Saramarie1973 wrote:

I guess I could go to the YMCA....

Some people also go to malls...

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If its light rain I still go. If it's heavy I do a Leslie Sansone Walk at home.

Mall is also good.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I pace around the house like a nutter and get on everyone's nerves. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

We do not melt when we walk outside in the rain Robot wink
You do not melt

Best Answer

Gosh...if only I melted in the rain!!!  I would be dancing out there every chance I got! 🙂

Best Answer

I drive over to the gym and spend 1-2 hours in it everyday. AM Strength Training and PM Cardio Training. If I wake up too early I can do AM Cardio Training too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today it was raining Raining cats and dogs:

Cats and dogs

But I took the raining gear out and stayed completely dry. Yes raining is not fun but nothing keeps me from doing my daily steps 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good For You!!! I just find that so hard to do....I have been going to the YMCA (I do pay for it so may as well use it) when it has been raining the last few days.  I watch a move on the iPad and Netflix while I walk.  It does make the time go by faster but it sure isn't like walking outside.  I know with Winter only a few months away here in Upstate NY that I will be heading to the Y more ofter so I may as well get used to it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm with you - the physical sensation of rain is just icky to me.  I went to the grocery store this morning and walked up and down the aisles to get my steps in, which worked ok for me.   Might be tough though to resist temptation looking at all that food, so maybe a big box store like best buy or target would work better?  Did you find something that worked for you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Saramarie1973 wrote:

I am at day 5 on the "Fitbit Flex Weight Loss Plan" and it is raining!!!  I am a little bummed because I am not a fan of walking in the rain.  What do you do when weather gets in the way of your plan?  I guess I could go to the YMCA....

As long as there's no thunder and lightning and it's not a crazy downpour, I still go.  My wife thinks I'm nuts, but I'm usually dripping in sweat after a run, so what's the difference?

Best Answer
0 Votes