Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rain....

What do you do when it rains and you don't have a gym to go to?  It's supposed to rain today and I'm contemplating just sitting here (I'm at work) or running down into the subway and doing laps in the free area for a bit.... then going to the shopping mall and doing laps there. 

The thing is, I don't like crowds -- people walk too slow for my taste -- and they get in my way... but I'm seeing that as the only alternative -- unless I want to carry a brolly with me, which I really don't want to do since my arm/shoulder is not very happy the last week 😞

Any thoughts or suggestions?  I'm not a member of any gym and I usually do my workout during lunch -- a good walk for about 45 mins.... but the routes I take usually have runners and other walkers and so they're all walking a good pace ahead/behind me and not getting in my way. (in other words, I won't step on them or run into them if I keep going in a straight line.)

Best Answer
0 Votes
25 REPLIES 25

@Mukluk4

yes i totally agree if its not really down pouring to the point where i will get soaked i try to go for a walk but only a short one 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are tons of walking videos you can access online. Leslie Sansone is fun, but if you really want a challenge, check out Jessica Smith TV.

Best Answer

I would pop on a good waterproof jacket and get walking, there is something quite refreshing about walking in the rain and running in it makes you feel unstoppable!

If this isn't for you, walking around a shopping centre or a supermarket is great but you do get the slow shoppers you must be considerate of.... Do a lap round first then in and out of the aisles, I used to do this a lot when I worked away from home staying in hotels, felt safer than walking unfamiliar streets!

But I would say definitely do something - you will regret not taking the opportunity to move by the end of the day 🙂

Best Answer

wait till work ends and enjoy a nice walk in the rain. duh.

Best Answer

whats not smart about walking in the rain?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@davy.franko84 instead of waiting for a ride to the store yesterday i walked to the store in the rain but it wasnt rainning that hard 

Best Answer
0 Votes