Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Readjust August 2021 — Step Challenge and Photo Scavenger Hunt

Late summer and vacation time for me and  my wife. This year will be a bit different than last year. Still not flying anywhere, but for this road trip indoor eating at restaurants is a thing again and visiting other people (my cousins) will be a nice change from Zoom calls.  I switch up my exercise when I travel.  No gym, but there will be plenty of bike rides, walking/hiking, and unicycle practice. In other words, there will be lots of adjustments during Readjust August. :-).  

How It Works

The primary purpose of these monthly challenges is to encourage you to set and hit your daily step goals for the month; though many of us track other things as well, like body weight exercises, sleep, trips to the gym, logging food, etc. There are a lot of regulars here, but we welcome NEWBEs, and it is fine to start in the middle of the month if that's when you first see this thread. This is not a competition to see who can do the most of whatever, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency. So whether you do 1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of the monthly total you can hit your goal.

Some might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and others might have a variable goal throughout the week, (and some might even plan days off!) for example.
Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day
Sat & Sun = “6k steps a day,” or “not tracking”

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for the monthly challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format    
1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.
2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved out of the monthly minimum and or monthly total

Picture Scavenger Hunt — 3 pictures

The theme for August is a nod to wanderlust and the road. If you are traveling try to get something unique and representative on the way or at your destination. If you’re in the neighborhood all month, take some pics of the places a tourist would visit.  As an alternative, it’s the Olympics, anything pic that shows competition -- like tugging dogs, for example -- counts.

Olympic Tug of WarOlympic Tug of War

Posting

Although you certainly don’t have to post daily, you’ll likely stay closer to what you set out to do by updating the thread several times/week

Injury Notice
If you injure yourself during the month and need to scale back due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

@Baltoscott Thank you for adding the step challenge of August. I like the picture scavenger hunt theme. I was thinking that maybe for next month we can accept suggestions from the other members of the challenge, you know, to mix a little bit and take the opportunity to share fun themes. 🤠

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Oh August is almost here. We have had a very wet windy and (for us) cold winter.

Goals

10,000 steps a day for 20 days                      -/20

15 days over 12,000                                         -/15                

10 days over 15,000 steps                               -/10

3 days over 20,000 steps                                  -/3           

Physio exercises 20 days                                -/20

20 exercise sessions (swim, bike, vigorous walk, dance)   -/20

3 Scavenger Hunt pics                                      -/3

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks for the invite to Readjust August challenge @Baltoscott! I love the name and different ways each of us can relate to it in setting and reaching our goals. I’ll be mulling over what I want to ‘readjust’ in my fitness routines in August. Stay tuned.

Best Answer

Readjust August

13K Steps/Day: --/31

750+ Calorie Deficient/Day: --/31

IF Daily (12 hr weekday/16:8 weekend): --/31

Weights 2x/week: --/8

Stretch 4x/week: --/16

Squats 30/day: --/16

Lose 3 pounds: --/3

Photo Scavenger Hunt: -/3

Total Steps: ---/430,000

Readjustment is a very accurate descriptive for August.  We will be back to full-time in office, and it will be quite the adjustment.  Waking up early is a challenge for me, so my readjustment isn't going to be necessarily my goals, but how I get to them now.  Anyone know of a good pre-workout?  I have this feeling my butt will be dragging by the end of the work day, and I will need a bit of an energy kick.  

I am going to add in about losing some weight - I have to get a few off before my October appointment.  I have been losing and gaining the same 5ish pounds the last few months.  

Best Answer

Readjust August Goals

8,000+ steps:   6 days

10,000+ steps: 12 days

12,000+ steps: 10 days 

Bellicon (15-min program): 25 days

Kettle Ball exercises: 20 days

Lose weight: 1 kg: 

Eat 1 piece of fruit: 20 days

Blue (no alcohol) days: 12 days

Scavenger hunt: 3 pics

Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit -- yes, ideas for next month, the STEPtember photo theme, are most welcome. Throw them out as you think of them guys.  I'll do another call-out toward the end of the month.  But for now, my Readjust August goals. I've got some long drives early in the month so that will cut into a lot of my daily goals.  So for most of the one I try to hit every day, I'll give myself five days off.

17K steps/day /25

1 pushup + shoulder extension /day

/25

15 weight-lifting days (body weight routines count this month)

/15

post 3 scavenger pics

/3

Sleep 6:15 hours + 20 days or more during the month

/18

1 pull-up

/25

Unicycle: 15 mins/day for 25 days 

/25

Lose 2 lbs. Start ___ lbs (August __)  
Use Cutback Coach for the month /3o

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Well, July was a bust for me. I caught a cold in the middle of the month and it took more than a week to shake that. (And, in answer to the obvious question, no... it was not COVID.) I'm finally starting to feel better, so I'm excited to make a fresh start in August. 

August

8,000+ steps: -/6 days

10,000+ steps: -/25 days

Weights: -/8 days

Yoga: -/8

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

@Baltoscott Good! Thanks for taking in count this suggestion. 😁 Good luck getting your goals even you have long drives this month.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Glad you are feeling better, @alexthecat. A cold that puts you down for a week is no joke either.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

GOALS: 😀
10-12,000 steps per day: 
3 sets of 5 exercises every other day: 
Log weight weekly: 
1 hr of exercise each day: 
6.5 hr sleep each day: 
Log meals daily: 
3 pictures: Road/Competition

Jeff | Va | Galaxy S10 Android | Versa 3, Charge 2
Stridekick, Lose It, Renpho
Best Answer

Readjust August Goals

5k steps per day   20
Activities   10
Photo Scavenger Hunt   15
Full 'Reminders to Move' Days   20
Update post   30
Squats 15/day   15
Pregnancy stretches   31
Mindfulness Sessions   15
Fruit Challenge   20

💪😎 My last month before starting my maternity leave period. 

@Baltoscott Awesome, thanks for taking the piece of advice. 😊

Best Answer
Aug Goals
8,000+ steps :    5 days
13,000+ steps :  15 days
17,000+ steps :    6 days
20,000+ steps : 5 days
Cardio Workouts :  12
Lose 5 pounds 
Sleep 8hrs :  8 days
Scavenger photos : 3+
Best Answer

Readjust August (2021) goals:

10k steps per day1/31
13,699 steps per day1/19
17k steps per day0/11
Activities1/15
Photo Scavenger Hunt0/3
Full 'Reminders to Move' Days1/11
Finish challenges0/9
Update post1/7

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Readjust August — Day 1

8,000+ steps:   0/6 days

10,000+ steps: 0/12 days

12,000+ steps: 1/10 days 

Bellicon (15-min program): 1/25 days

Kettle Ball exercises: 0/20 days

Lose weight (starting 65): 0/1 kg: 

Eat 1 piece of fruit: 0/20 days

Blue (no alcohol) days: 0/12 days

Scavenger hunt: 0/3 pics

Best Answer

2 August

10,000 steps a day for 20 days                      1/20

15 days over 12,000                                         -/15                

10 days over 15,000 steps                               -/10

3 days over 20,000 steps                                  -/3           

Physio exercises 20 days                                1/20

20 exercise sessions (swim, bike, vigorous walk, dance)   -/20

3 Scavenger Hunt pics                                      -/3

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Readjust August Day 1

17K steps/day 1/25

1 pushup + shoulder extension /day

1/25

15 weight-lifting days (body weight routines count this month)

/15

post 3 scavenger pics

/3

Sleep 6:15 hours + 20 days or more during the month

0/20

1 pull-up

1/25

Unicycle: 15 mins/day for 25 days 

1/25

Lose 2 lbs. Start ___ lbs (August __)  
Use Cutback Coach for the month 1/30

Trying to upload some pics but Fitbit keeps rotating them 90 degrees when I use my iPad.  Thought it might be the Safari browser so I tried Chrome but still have the same problem.  Seems like it depends on how I had the phone orientated when I took the picture — all the landscape ones upload to Fitbit sideways.  So I guess I’ll save those uploads until next week when I can use a computer.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

A few pics from my bike ride in the Kentucky countryside. A buffalo and a vulture tree

7EC84B39-C97B-4E60-A04A-0C7554E7639B.jpeg

4A5D36EB-8492-4998-9995-A15C88D9DE8C.jpeg

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Readjust August — Day 2

8,000+ steps:   0/6 days

10,000+ steps: 0/12 days

12,000+ steps: 2/10 days 

Bellicon (15-min program): 2/25 days

Kettle Ball exercises: 1/20 days

Lose weight (starting 65): 0/1 kg: 

Eat 1 piece of fruit: 1/20 days

Blue (no alcohol) days: 1/12 days

Scavenger hunt: 0/3 pics

Nice pics @Baltoscott. Don’t see buffalo every day.

Best Answer

Readjust August (2021) goals:

10k steps per day2/31
13,699 steps per day2/19
17k steps per day1/11
Activities1/15
Photo Scavenger Hunt0/3
Full 'Reminders to Move' Days2/11
Finish challenges2/9
Update post2/7

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer