Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STANDby July Step Challenge and Photo Scavenger Hunt

STANDby July?  Well, yeah, it is pretty dang hot so we might have to practice standing in the shade or inside for most of the day just to survive …. Nah, just kidding.  Get outside and move about. But pay attention to the heat and try get those workouts in early in the day (or inside with AC) and stay hydrated!! (and if you live in the southern hemisphere layer up when you go out)  🙂

How It Works:

The primary purpose of these monthly challenges is to keep track of your daily step goals for the month; though many of us track other things as well, like body weight exercises, sleep, trips to the gym, logging food, etc. There are a lot of regulars here, but we welcome NEWBEs, and it is fine to start in the middle of the month if that's when you first see this thread. This is not a competition to see who can do the most of whatever, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency. So whether you do 1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of the monthly total you can hit your goal.

Some might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and others might have a variable goal throughout the week, (and some might even plan days off!) for example.
Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day
Sat & Sun = “6k steps a day,” or “not tracking”

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for the monthly challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format
1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.
2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved out of the monthly minimum and or monthly total

Although you certainly don’t have to post daily, you’ll likely stay closer to what you set out to do by updating the thread several times/week

Picture Scavenger Hunt — 3 pictures

The theme this month is one we’ve done before — street art.  Pretty much anything outside. Murals, sculptures, graffiti, even … sewer covers.

IMG_7741.jpeg

Injury Notice
If you injure yourself during the month and need to scale back due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

Thanks for the invitation, @Baltoscott ! Looking forward to re-joining the group in July!

STANDby July (2021) — Goals

9,000+ steps:  10 days

10,000+ steps: 8 days

12,000+ steps: 8 days 

Bellicon (15-min program): 25 days

Lose 1 kg (will post weight on 1st day)

Eat 1 piece of fruit: 20 days

Blue (no alcohol) days: 10 days

Scavenger Hunt Pics: 3+

Best Answer

STANDby July (2021) Step Challenge — Goals

9,000+ steps:  31 days

10,000+ steps: 25 days

12,000+ steps: 10 days 

15,000+ steps: 3 days

Exercise Classes (10) 

Treadmill or walk/run outside (12)

Lose 5 pounds (will post weight on 1st day)

Track (29)

64 oz of water (20)

5 flights of stairs (20)

Scavenger Hunt Pics: 3+

Best Answer

❤️ Loved the idea to post street art! I'm in.

@Stepitup523 Welcome aboard! Good luck with your goals. 🏅

@Jotex I'm so glad to see you again, welcome. 🤗

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!  I don't know what's been up with me the last 12 to 18 months or so.  I've just been so lazy and unmotivated.  But now I feel like I want to get back into things again, and what better time than the first day of the second half of the year.  After such a long break, I'm going to only make a few goals to start with and see how I go with that.

STANDby July Step Challenge

7,500 steps on 10 days of the month  -  -/10.

12,000 steps on 21 days of the month  -  -/21.

1 piece of fruit a day  -  -/31.

2 gym visits a week  -  -/2, -/4.

10 wall presses on 15 days of the month  -  -/15.

Scavenger hunt photos.

Best Answer

STANDby July

13K Steps/Day: --/31

750+ Calorie Deficient/Day: --/31

IF Daily (12 hr weekday/16:8 weekend): --/31

Weights 2x/week: --/8

Stretch 4x/week: --/16

Squats 30/day: --/16

Photo Scavenger Hunt: -/3

Total Steps: --/403,000

Mostly keeping the same goals.  I am increasing my step goal this month.  I had a good number of days where I was able to hit more than the 12k in steps, so why not raise the bar and see?  I may add a goal for water for July later on because of the weather, but I haven't completely decided yet.  

Best Answer

This will be an interesting month.  My parents are coming the week of my birthday (end of the month), so that might affect my ability to dedicate time to steps.  My plan is to front-load my steps by doing more the first few weeks of the month so I can take it easy while I'm on vacation with my parents in town at the end of the month.

STANDby July 2021 Goals:

10K+ steps: 31 days

15K+ steps: 20 days

20K+ steps: 10 days

Total July Steps: 450K steps (avg. 14,516 steps per day)

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

Hello 👋🏻

My first day on the forums. Need a tad guidance. 

Are the goals purely "textual"? Is there a "group" in the app you join?

I've used a fitbit since 2015,  only use the app to check my daily steps and that's about it.

I walk approx 28 miles of 'planned exercise walking' a week. This is not including casual movement (around house, shipping etc).

Appreciate the heads up to get me started ( in time for tmrw, lol).

Thank you

Shirley

Best Answer

GOALS: 😀
10-12,000 steps per day: 
3 sets of 5 exercises every other day: 
Log weight weekly: 
1 hr of exercise each day: 
6.5 hr sleep each day: 
Log meals & water daily: 
3 pictures: Street Art

Jeff | Va | Galaxy S10 Android | Versa 3, Charge 2
Stridekick, Lose It, Renpho
Best Answer

July 2021 Goals:

10,500 steps per day  😅

6 hours sleep per night

Best Answer

Hey there @Shirlzz, welcome! 🤗

This is more related to your personal goals, you can choose what you think you will be willing to do through out the month and post your daily progress along with others, you can see an example from last month thread: Old School Zoom June 2021 Step Challenge and Photo Scavenger Hunt. As you can see, we will be with you in this journey but it's most of the time up to you. Additionally, you can add great pictures depending on the topic of the month. You can read more about this on the first post, you will see there the instructions for this month. We don't have a group on the Fitbit app yet, although it'd be a good idea too. 

Get ready and get set! Use your personal routines to post your goal for this month. 😎 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @Shirlzz. Check the link in @YojanaFitbit's post to last month's thread to see how it works over the course of a month. We start over every month. We are glad to have you with us. First step would be to set your goals. Start with your step or mileage goals for sure (maybe break the week up into daily goals, or just keep it at 28 miles for the week). Add some other goals of things you might want to track.  Some ideas from my goals this month below.  (These things can accumulate over time ... I used to track just steps, floors, pushups and pullups).

17K steps/day /28

1 pushup + shoulder extension /day

/31

15 weight-lifting days

/15

post 3 scavenger pics

/3

Sleep 6:15 hours + 20 days or more during the month

/20

1 pull-up

/31

Unicycle: 15 mins/day for 25 days 

/25

Lose 2 lbs. Start ___ lbs (July 1)7/1 
Use Cutback Coach for the month /31

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

@petrivn -- I'll look to add you to the August challenge, but since July starts tomorrow, why not go for a few habit building goals this month?

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Welcome @Starchild68.  The sleep goal is one of mine too.  I fell short last month, but I'm off to bed now so I get a good start on STANDby July tomorrow!

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

STANDby July Step Challenge

9k steps per day   20
Activities   10
Photo Scavenger Hunt   15
Full 'Reminders to Move' Days   20
Update post   31
Squats 30/day   20
Pregnancy stretches   31
Mindfulness Sessions   15
Fruit Challenge   31

Easy goals since I'm almost in my 8th month of pregnancy. 😍

Best Answer

STANDby July 1

7,500 steps on 10 days of the month  -  -/10.

12,000 steps on 21 days of the month  -  1/21.

1 piece of fruit a day  -  -1/31.

2 gym visits a week  -  -/2, -/4.

10 wall presses on 15 days of the month  -  1/15.

Scavenger hunt photos.

Best Answer

STANDby July (2021) goals:

10k steps per day0/31
13,699 steps per day0/19
17k steps per day0/11
Activities0/7
Photo Scavenger Hunt0/3
Full 'Reminders to Move' Days0/11
Finish challenges0/9
Update post0/7

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

STANDby July (2021) — Day 1

8,000+ steps:  1/10 days

10,000+ steps: 0/8 days*

12,000+ steps: 0/8 days 

Bellicon (15-min program): 1/25 days

Lose 1 kg (starting 67. Kg): 0/1**

Eat 1 piece of fruit: 0/20 days

Blue (no alcohol) days: p0/10 days

Scavenger Hunt Pics: 0/3+

*Slight adaption of goals from 9,000 to 8,000 steps.
**I forgot to weigh this morning so my starting weight may not be accurate, but it’s a start. 

Best Answer

Thank you for helping me understand and get started @Baltoscott @YojanaFitbit 

8,000+ steps :  5 days

11,000+ steps : 10 days

13,000+ steps : 15 days 

17,000+ steps : 5 days

Cardio Workouts (12)

Lose 8 pounds

Sleep 8hrs : 8 days

Scavenger photos : 3+

Best Answer

STANDby July Day 1

17K steps/day 1/28

1 pushup + shoulder extension /day

1/31

15 weight-lifting days

/15

post 3 scavenger pics

1/3

Sleep 6:15 hours + 20 days or more during the month

1/20

1 pull-up

1/31

Unicycle: 15 mins/day for 25 days 

1/25

Lose 2 lbs. Start 170 lbs (July 1)7/1170
Use Cutback Coach for the month 1/31

So I've got a nearly endless Scavenger Hunt project this month.  Baltimore has a public art project going called "Cicada Parada-e" 500+ Cicada sculptures around town should give me plenty of places to get pics.  

Here is my wife's contribution "Uncle Sam" climbing a tree outside our back yard.

IMG_7962.jpegIMG_7951.jpegIMG_7948.jpeg 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer