Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Track? Exercise Mode? or External Tracker?

ANSWERED

I'm wondering what others are using to track the exercise they do in addition to the basic steps you get throughout the day? Seems like there are a few options if I'm understanding this correctly? Smart Track which is supposed to automatically recognize some exercises, Exercise Mode which you turn on and off, and other tracker apps like Endomondo.

Pro's and con's? Any insight would be appreciated. BTW, I have a Charge HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

When I go out for hikes, I use the Map My Run function of the Android app, which uses the phone's GPS to accurately track the distance. When I go to the gym, where I do multiple activies such as free weights, treadmill, stationary bike, etc., I use the Exercise Mode of the Charge HR to record the entire activity for heart rate, calories, etc. If I am just doing what I call casual activity, such a bike riding, short walks, etc., I let the the tracker's Smart Track record it. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I found the app MyTraining in the Apple app store to be handy for weight lifting.  While it doesn't track calories, it does let you build exercise routines and gives you rest timers between reps.  Shows you videos on how to do correct form.  Very handy app.

John | Texas,USA | Surge | Aria | Blaze | Windows | iPhone | Always consult with a doctor regarding all medical issues. Keep active!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I go out for hikes, I use the Map My Run function of the Android app, which uses the phone's GPS to accurately track the distance. When I go to the gym, where I do multiple activies such as free weights, treadmill, stationary bike, etc., I use the Exercise Mode of the Charge HR to record the entire activity for heart rate, calories, etc. If I am just doing what I call casual activity, such a bike riding, short walks, etc., I let the the tracker's Smart Track record it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JohnRi wrote:

I found the app MyTraining in the Apple app store to be handy for weight lifting.  While it doesn't track calories, it does let you build exercise routines and gives you rest timers between reps.  Shows you videos on how to do correct form.  Very handy app.

I use the BodySpace app by bodybuilding.com.  Same story as @JohnRi.  Doesn't track calories it also lets you build routines, find routines by body builders, rest timers and videos as well as written posts on how to do each lift correctly.  I also find it quite handy.

Best Answer
0 Votes