Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step Streak

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just made it to a 10 day step streak.  I don't know if you've been doing these affirmations long (Way to go, you're on a 10 day step streak), but I have been using Fitbit for several years and I have not broken my Fitbit step streak at all.  I may have slept through an hour of moving, but I've always met my goal. Why did this just start doing these goals and is there any way to get my true number of days for the past 3-4 years. I am truly OCD about my records.

Thanks.IMG_9556[1].PNG

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Jeanette14489 This just showed up on mine as well.  I don't believe there's a way to fix the step streak.  My theory is that this is a recent addition and the streak started when it was put on your device, not when you actually started your streak a long time ago. 

Hopefully in the future Fitbit will correct the algorithm for this to include the existing streak.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

@Jeanette14489 This just showed up on mine as well.  I don't believe there's a way to fix the step streak.  My theory is that this is a recent addition and the streak started when it was put on your device, not when you actually started your streak a long time ago. 

Hopefully in the future Fitbit will correct the algorithm for this to include the existing streak.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

I'm with you, Jeannette - I just came to the community forums today to ask Fitbit to offer me the option of removing that affirmation rather than have it be off by 1050+ days.  I am also OCD about my total days of achieving my goal and having Fitbit reduce it to a single digit, then double digits again, it's just WRONG.  

Best Answer

@Jeanette14489 @DLThune I just noticed that Fitbit updated the step streak algorithm for me.  It matches the step streak records that I keep.  Has yours updated yet?

9A055426-9924-42EA-9C31-3D733629AD21.png

Best Answer

This just started happening to me as well--I've met my daily step goal every day for the last three and a half years.  Suddenly 17 days ago, I got a message congratulating me on a "5 day streak".  I'm now getting this message every day.  This morning, the message congratulating me for being on a 22 day streak  Sure would be nice if it acknowledged the 1250+ days of the streak before I even hit the five day mark!

Best Answer

I'm with Jeanette14489 - I personally would rather have them remove the step streak affirmation - or at least make it an optional addition to the app - if it can't accurately represent the 1100+ day streak I actually have.  Every day I see a congratulations for 10 days, or 11 days, I want to throw a rock at the developers for not figuring out a way to REALLY represent some of these long-term streaks many Fitbit users have going.  I'm VERY proud of what I have accomplished and the new app feature is not helping any of us long term users and winners.  

Best Answer

The step streak started showing up on my Fitbit app around end August or early September. I think it was close to being right - for a while. My streak started August 25. My streak count got up to 21 days. Then the next day, it went back to 3 days. And I'm now up to 6 days. 

So, not only does the streak NOT go back through your really old records to measure your streak. But it also seems to break and restart without any actual break in the step streak accomplished.

August 25-Sep 24 = 31 days.

Way to go = 6 days.

So I agree, the roll out of the streak is suspect in its calculations  - even recent ones.

Jim

Best Answer

no kidding....now as of today, I am reset and back down to a 5 day streak never missing a day for years....This is frustrating....Fitbit people, why even bother if you are offering innaccurate readings.  I m not happy with the blood oxygen readings because I am always 99 and I got some scary readings. I have a finger meter and I measured 99 again.  

I am not happy.

Best Answer

It makes no sense!! I figured it just started w a recent update. But it doesn’t work. I was at 10 or 12 day streak and then today it said I was on a 4 day streak. 🤦🏻‍:female_sign:🤦🏻‍:female_sign:  How does it go backwards all of a sudden. Clearly they don’t have the kinks worked out of this one yet 🤷🏻‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

I am in the exact same boat. My streak has been going for years!! It randomly pops up for me after a bit. Then it’ll go away, and it will come back again. It finally is saying 80 days for me, but I really haven’t missed my 10,000 or more steps in 980 days. So frustrating! If they’re going to add the feature, they should really make it work retroactively to include ALL days of the streak. I even contacted Fitbit support about the issue months ago when I first got the notification that I was on a “streak.” The person I spoke with had nooo idea what it even was or what it meant even after sending pictures. My hope is that they will fine tune it eventually because it seems relatively new. I am very obsessive about my steps and my streak! I wish everyone else the best of luck on their streak! 

Best Answer

I agree fitbit should be ablt to fix this. I haven't missed a 10,000 step day since May, but in August mine started back again at 0. I'm currently on an 88 day streak, but I'm sure that will go back to zero sometime. Let get the app developer to fix this. So frustrating! If they’re going to add the feature, they should really make it work retroactively to include ALL days of the streak. We all need a visual goal for motivation!

Best Answer

I've been a Fitbit member since 2014 and am a pretty big Microsoft Excel nerd, which has combined quite well.  Having those streaks can maintain your motivation to stay active and I'm pretty sure the level of activity helped to save my life after suffering some major injuries in a bicycle versus car accident, my fitness was largely due to what Fitbit helped me to achieve.  I'm willing to share the workbook, hoping that it could help propel more inspiration and/or motivation.

764 days!  😄

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply - I, too, am a bit of an excel nerd, although it has evolved to a new level since I first started using it umpteen years ago.  I do track my steps and my weight daily, with a 10 day rolling average for weight (I got the idea from an article I read recently).  I am on day 1173 of 8000+ steps per day.  I haven't been sick enough to stay home in bed since December 2016 - and I credit my improved health to both the weight loss and the daily walking.  Knock on wood.  

Best Answer

The people on this thread are impressive. I've gotten 10,000+ steps since March 17 of 2020. So more than a year of not being sick, not being injured, and choosing to be active. When I see congratulations on 5 days or 20, I think "don't tell me if you aren't going to get it right."

FYI, I thought the day after my second covid shot would be when I would let the streak go. But, I felt pretty good, just a bit tired. Do any of you tell friends you have a long streak?

Best Answer

Congrats on your streak! I was afraid that the day after my second shot would get me too! But nope. I powered through. I’m now 1,128 days into my streak. I occasionally talk about it with my friends, but I don’t think they understand the commitment it takes. You don’t know what 10,000 daily steps really is until you get a Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I try not to brag about my streak all the time, but whenever someone at work asks why I'm going for yet another walk around the building, it comes up.
I was also concerned about breaking my streak on March 26 when I got my 2nd shot.  Or actually more concerned about the days that followed.  But I didn't get any bad side effects aside from a little bit of inflammation in my upper arm which was gone in 2 days.  
Keep on walking, and don't be shy about sharing your streak.  It's bragworthy!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your thoughts! 
Sometimes I step vigorously in front of my iMac when there is a show I want to see. But mostly I keep moving. Grocery shopping, for example. And walking to neighborhood shops, masked when encountering people.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, it is a commitment. Here it is 11:00 a.m. and I only have 1,200 steps. I have however, done my online yoga class. Time to get off the floor and keep moving!
Best Answer
0 Votes

When did these start? I didn’t know they existed, just had a look through mine and I have a 7 day streak so far but no streak badges?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Caz525 There are no step streak badges.  It's just a notification in the Fitbit app that you've been on a step streak.  Personally, I manually keep track of my step streak in a spreadsheet.  Currently at 110 days of step streaking, though the app does tell me this every day and it has been following along correctly.

Best Answer
0 Votes