Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The redesigned Fitbit app is rolling out!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re thrilled to share that the redesigned Fitbit app starts rolling out today! Check out our latest blog for how to get the most out of the new app. 

Note: Please be patient if you don't see it right away, as it will take some time to roll out to everyone.

The redesigned Fitbit app is here to help you reach your goals, which features are you most excited to try out? Let us know in the comments below!

Best Answer
135 REPLIES 135

I have to say that this update is very poor. I'm not one of these people who always hate change. generally I'm happy when apps are updated and improved and thein lies the rub...

You haven't improved it...you have just made it worse...

Why?

I can no longer see the battery state of my Charge tracker...

I can no longer change the type of activity that I tracked as it never selects the right one. I use android and I can select the edit activity but it does not call up a keyboard and so I cannot edit it.

this is just really, really, poor development and testing.

Who exactly did the testing? Did you just decide to roll out and test on us?

The interface is also appalling. Really BORING...it shows no easily digestible info.

It seems that all you wanted was to change it to push the premium service, something I was thinking of starting but now will certainly not do.

Test before you deploy...not on the users.

Best Answer

I can’t understand how you could be thrilled at the release of an app change that reduces the amount of information available, the flexibility to see the information that you need as an individual and the visual ease. I absolutely hate it and I’m afraid, as for many other loyal Fitbit users, this is a game changer for me. 

Best Answer

The new fitbit application is terrible. There was no way (or at least I could not find it) to enter my weight from the previous day.

Also, it is hard to find my heart rate.

Please go back to the previous application.

Best Answer

The new layout on my iPhone is way too big. Anybody within 5 feet can easily read all the data points. That is a privacy issue. Also the step count streak is gone. That was a major motivator each day to keep a streak going. Not thrilled with this new layout so far. 

Best Answer

Thank goodness the latest update fixes this! Whew!😁

Best Answer

Don't install it if you don't have too!

Best Answer

You should be embarrassed. Was it take your child to work day. And all the adults went to coffee. Completely washed out color scheme. Terrible layout. 

Best Answer

Thank you! That was driving me nuts! 

Best Answer

Hate the new dashboard and App!!!!  There needs to be an option to go back to the previous version if you prefer it.  What kind of customer experience are you providing? Negative only!!!

Best Answer
Agreed.  Terrible forced update!!!
Best Answer

I totally agree that this is a terrible forced update.  Not only has the percentage of battery been removed from the home screen but I was motivated by the calculator of my streak when I opened the app and now that is gone - totally demotivated me!  I had over 483 days of over 10,000 steps!  Bring back what we need to stay motivated!  I also agree that the home screen is too large!  It is a pain to have to scroll to see what was readily available before.

Best Answer

didn't have a choice - went to bed loving Fitbit and woke up hating the new one!

Best Answer

Why did they take away the streak? 

Many users are upset!  https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Steps-streak/m-p/5457952#M167280

Best Answer

I liked being able to see the battery life when I opened the app.  My Fitbit was low this morning and I was unaware until it was too late!

Best Answer

bring back the streak - it is a great motivator!

Best Answer

yikes. 😀🤔🙂

so we have a new fitbit app. I expect many have worked on it. There are changes and I do like some of them.

There are definitely things that many of us would like improved. I for one am not 'running away' from Fitbit. I like my Fitbit as I think many do. There has been a scatter gram of feedback and there looks to be some themes to the feedback.

Hopefully in a few weeks, the Fitbit team will be able to sift through and provide us with some further improvements. I would like to see the battery status come back. 
As we all know change is change . Let's hopefully see most if not all of our loved features hopefully back soon. 
🤔I see some were upgraded to the new app automatically, probably because they themselves have autoupdate turned on for their iPhone. :glowing_star:

i am just watching the new updates to MacOS Sonoma, IOS17, and iPhone 15, Watch 9. Like here many like things and do not like others.  It is part of change.

my list here includes:
1. battery status on main screen
2. font size smaller so I can see more
3. some colour differences like before make it easier to see sections
4. bring back all of the achievements
5. and so on.

i will check back in about a month. For now, I can get by and do appreciate people worked on what we see now.
:glowing_star:💎🤔😀👍we need to relax, and do some exercise!! and breathe... 🙂
fyi.  I slept on it and feel more relaxed this morning. ... heading out for a walk and some steps!!
cheers to everyone.
most of us are here! and enjoying our Fitbits!! 👍

Before seeing the app update, I was thinking of an Apple Watch but decided to stay with my Fitnit as it does what I need.

Relax, it is another day to enjoy our lives!🏃🏽‍

Best Answer
Disagree.  Change with no thought of the users in wrong.  Seems like the stress measurement on many users will now go up!
Best Answer

Agree never wanted an Apple Watch but I started looking .  This change is not useful at all 

Best Answer

Agree the battery level and charging needs to be on the front screen.

I’ve been getting 10,000 steps for 4.5 years , now there is no record of it .  

hate that when you get your goal - you get a mini check mark - really .  I just they aren’t impressed but I worked hard and want to see something when I accomplish my goal 

Best Answer

BTW, you have also removed our ability to touch the screen to see the exact time when one’s heartbeat reached a specific number; not just view/enlarge the general graph, but touch the screen to see the exact time and specific heartbeat number.

Your customers continue to be mystified why a company that has so much to offer suddenly became excessively stingy.

Edited to say that it may be there still, but only if one’s touch doesn’t make the screen image move around, instead of staying still so the user can see the time.

Best Answer