Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The redesigned Fitbit app is rolling out!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re thrilled to share that the redesigned Fitbit app starts rolling out today! Check out our latest blog for how to get the most out of the new app. 

Note: Please be patient if you don't see it right away, as it will take some time to roll out to everyone.

The redesigned Fitbit app is here to help you reach your goals, which features are you most excited to try out? Let us know in the comments below!

Best Answer
135 REPLIES 135

Hey FitBit - Are you going to reinstate the MIA "Way To Go!  You're on a xxx day step streak" or provide a workaround?

Please do NOT tell me my step streak is lost!!!

Best Answer

I would agree with you it seems lost on the new app, I'm not on 343 which is amazing but I'm on 89.

Best Answer

That is not quite True.

While it is true that you don't see the option up front, once you start the app, you can choose to edit the screen (the little pencil next to "Today") and swipe through the options until you get to "Custom preset" and on that screen you can choose what you want in each circle rather than choosing one of their (rather silly) presets.

(Though I do agree with you in general that the update is poor, but this is one thing that at least you can fix to make it a little less annoying).

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is kind of convoluted, but the big circle is basically broken down into 3 segments, each representing 1/3 of your daily calorie goal.  (so, just to use round numbers for example, if you caloric intake goal for the day 3000 calories, each segment represents 1000 calories).  when you enter your calories for a meal, it fills each section.  The small black dot represents amount of calories you have consumed.  So, like you example, it looks like you entered that you are to get about (this is just a wild guess) about 1800 calories, but you are slightly below that, so the little black dot enter represents the 1643 calories out of that 1800.

Best Answer
Hi my post was about how to have my profile pic appear on the App aa before.

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
Yes, I agree that I have a choice of 6 or 7 preset tiles but I don't like any of them as it is. I want calorie count but zone minutes are not my first choice. And I don't care how many km I walked.
I would like to be able to put Cal used as a first number but it's impossible at this time since that's preset to be after zone min and km
Anyway , thank you for trying to find a solution.

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer

I prefer my old dashboard too 😞

Best Answer
  • I don't like this new format.  I realize you can customize the screen but I can't figure out how to sync manually and it seems to be slow to sync on it's own with my phone.   Also, I just find the format design to be visually annoying. 

Best Answer

"Was it take your child to work day. And all the adults went to coffee." 😂 exactly!

Best Answer

Will you be conducting a customer satisfaction survey on this app change?

Will we be given the option to return to the old UI?

If not, I like many other previously loyal customers have stated, will buy a different brand of watch.

All of the features I like and use have changed.

HR zones have changed from fat burning,cardio etc to basic medium intensity etc. I use a watch with HR to train in the appropriate zone. 

Streaks have been removed.

My goals were focused on weekly totals, which previously showed on one page and could easily scroll down to see each week of the year on one page. Now the weekly total font is tiny, while a daily avg font is huge and you can no longer see each week on one page. Same for monthly and yearly totals.

The battery charge % removed from home page.

The font is way too large which now prevents all daily data fitting on the screen and the design is basic and quite ugly.

Obviously time and money has been invested in this app update but it was a waste of both if the result is an inferior product, with many great key features being removed, and a change that (based on all the feedback that I've read online) is leading to a loss of customer base.

After years of being a Fitbit user, the only way that I will remain one is if you allow customers the option of returning to the OLD UI. If not I'll be purchasing one of your competitors products instead.

Best Answer

Agree!   Old UI was far superior. 

Best Answer

Panglin - When you're on the main screen pull/swipe downward.  I don't care for the new format much either.  I miss my streak and fireworks.

Best Answer

I seriously hate everything Google has done to completely ruin the Fitbit. I will be buying a watch from a different brand soon. I paid for the premium and then google destroyed the app and now the website. I paid all that money and now the only things we can do I can do for free all over the Internet. I don't need to pay for recipes and workout videos. Google sucks and I'm very dissatisfied. 

Best Answer

Pure trash. Pretty sure someone over at fit bit knew this would piss us all off and designed this just for entertainment purposes. Really feel the words thrilled, excited to try, easier to use and meet goals is fitbits way to gaslight us and get us to loose it since the new interface is none of that. 

Best Answer

It's awful..apart from I plain hate it...the fact that you loose previous excersise stats if you maybe have a walk in the afternoon is terrible...in the old app yiu could see any workout in a day if you've done multiple...

Best Answer

The sync has slowed terribly. Sure,you can still swipe down from toward the top of the Today page, but after this downgrade, it takes so much longer. Not useful, Google.

I got back from a walk over an hour ago and it still refuses to record the new steps or  the “exercise day,” not to mention the bpm is a range again instead of a single number. 

There’s no point continuing premium (or even with Fitbit itself) if this is how Google treats its customers.

Best Answer

Bring back the battery percentage!!!!   The screen on my FitBit Charge 3 has not displayed anything in a couple of years. The only way I can tell that my FitBit is charging is if the percentage goes up in the App. Today I was waiting for it to go from Low to Medium and an hour later it went to no battery. Obvious waste of time. 

I don't mind using the app on the iPhone to view my progress, etc so the screen not displaying has only been a minor inconvience. UNTIL NOW.

And to answer the obvious response on the screen, I have tried numerous times to get the display back and nothing is bringing that back. 

Also unlike many other commenters that are threatening to get "a different fitness tracker", I already got an Apple Watch as a gift and if it was as comfortable to sleep while wearing as the FitBit Charge 3, I would already have switched.

Best Answer

In a nutshell, I’m super unhappy. My FB does not feel reliable or trustworthy anymore, and the interface is awful. Whatever happened to competitions? Or sharing progress? If those are still available, I wouldn’t know. FB feels very isolating now and nothing is easy to locate anymore.  And did I say DULL interface. Lord, a child could be more creative.

Best Answer

Not loving the new design. Why are the colors so washed out? The graphics are almost meaningless. This is not an improvement.

Best Answer

How can you be you excited about this very bad app? All the colors are washed out. Lost my challenges. This looks and feels like a child updated it. 

Best Answer