Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think I'm Half Way There

I have been doing my own version of the C25K for about a few months now.

During my lunch break at work I jog/power walk a 3 mile trail right down the street from my office. I do 2 laps which is a total of 3 miles.

Well today, I was able to jog a whole lap (1.5 miles) non stop.

So I guess I'm half way there huh?...:)

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Congratulations! That's awesome! 

Best Answer

Congratulations, that's good progress. Keep at it and soon you will be doing both loops non-stop.

Best Answer

Yep, you're half way there!  Keep up the great work!

Best Answer

I'm a "glass is half full" kinda guy; to my way of thinking the progress from zero to a mile and a half is many orders of magnitude harder than from a mile and a half to three miles.  To my way of thinking you're way beyond half way.

Regardless of how you look at it, congratulations!  🙂

Best Answer
I would agree with shipo the first 1.5 miles is harder than the next 1.5
miles.

Andrew Meyer
Best Answer

Thanks everyone for the support.

I do kinda feel like I'm more than half way there too. After the mile and a half, I felt like I could have gone longer, but I am trying to take it slow and steady. Once I do it a few more times, then I will move to the next level. Probably 2 miles.

Thanks again.

Best Answer

Great news

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I did 1.7 miles...:)

Best Answer

@bcalvanese wrote:

Two miles on Saturday?  🙂

Best Answer

@shipo wrote:

@bcalvanese wrote:

Two miles on Saturday?  🙂

Thats what I was thinking...:)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@shipo

Well I didn't do 2 miles on Saturday because I had to go to a co-workers wedding and did not have any time to exercise.

Sunday, I didn't do 2 miles... because...

I DID 2.41 MILES!!!...:)

I think my next attempt (after recovery) is going to be 3.1 miles (5k).

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bcalvanese wrote:

@shipo

Well I didn't do 2 miles on Saturday because I had to go to a co-workers wedding and did not have any time to exercise.

Awesome!  Congratulations.  Next stop, your first 5K event.

Best Answer

@shipo wrote:

@bcalvanese wrote:

@shipo

Awesome!  Congratulations.  Next stop, your first 5K event.

Well, I just want to be able to jog for an hour straight, so I'm a little over half way there.

I can't keep my heart rate in a good cardio zone anymore just from walking (even power walking at 4+ mph), but jogging I can keep it in a good cardio zone (80 to 95 percent of max). My power walks are now recovery walks.

Funny thing about my heart rate and breathing. I used to breath really heavy in zone 4, but now my breathing in zone 4 feels like it used to feel in zone 3, and my breathing in zone 5 feels like it used to feel in zone 4.

I wonder what my VO2max is by now. My fenix3 HR has a running VO2max test that I can do (now that I can run for at least 10 minutes non stop). I have to start a run session and run for at least 10 minutes straight on level ground, and it will calculate my running VO2max. Probably not as accurate as a lab test, but should be ballpark enough.

Thanks for all your help and advice @shipo

Best Answer