Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aim for 100,000 steps per week

ANSWERED

My fitbit regimen is to aim for 100,000 steps per week. I have to average just under 15,000 steps daily to reach that goal and I look forward to my weekly email progress report on Monday night to make sure that I am on target. I was averaging about 70,000 steps a week, but made a few changes to find the extra 30,000. I get off my commuter train at the furthest possible stop which adds another 1.5 miles to my walk to and from work every day. I force myself to use the steps at work between floors and I add one leisurely walk of another mile or two at lunch. These little changes really add up and I can comfortably make my weekly 100,000 step goal without any pain. I also improved my eating habits and strictly eat salads every day for lunch. These changes have resulted in dropping 24 pounds over the last 4 months. I have been dropping 1-2 lbs per week consistently and it really has made an unbelievable difference. I know the weight loss will stop as my body acclimates to my increased workout, but I am happy to maintain this weight and workout regimen as I have never felt better.

I just wanted people to know that the Fitbit does work and it provides an instant status on your workout progress. That is important to me as I want to know how well I am doing at any time. It also gives me that extra motivation to make sure that I hit my daily goal.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

A few things that work for me.

• I have an online fitness buddy who uses a fitbit....we encourage each other to keep going.  
  • I "steal" steps all the time (by parking in a far corner of the shopping center lot; taking a five minute walk after a meeting at work; even walking around when brushing my teeth.  It all really adds up.  
  • Walk at lunch
  • If I arrive at an appointment early, I'll take a quick stroll.  A few minutes means a few hundred steps.
  • I set the intention of getting a certain number of steps a day and keep that intention in mind throughout the day.  

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Sounds like you are doing great!  Happy stepping!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

A few things that work for me.

• I have an online fitness buddy who uses a fitbit....we encourage each other to keep going.  
  • I "steal" steps all the time (by parking in a far corner of the shopping center lot; taking a five minute walk after a meeting at work; even walking around when brushing my teeth.  It all really adds up.  
  • Walk at lunch
  • If I arrive at an appointment early, I'll take a quick stroll.  A few minutes means a few hundred steps.
  • I set the intention of getting a certain number of steps a day and keep that intention in mind throughout the day.  
Best Answer

Having a Fitbit friend is a really good idea.  Bringing friendly competition and encouragement into your daily routine would help a lot.

Best Answer

@drtkrup1 wrote:

I just wanted people to know that the Fitbit does work and it provides an instant status on your workout progress. That is important to me as I want to know how well I am doing at any time. It also gives me that extra motivation to make sure that I hit my daily goal.

I have tried many other things and I agree, fitbit does work.  It is amazing how adding in extra steps can increase your weight loss.   Congratulations on your status!

Best Answer

Great post!  I've been clearing 100K most weeks as well.  Some days it is tough and I'm trying to just get my 5 miles in by the end of the day, while other days I'm making up for it.  In the past I'd take a long walk at night after the kids go to bed, but lately I've been running and that is a great way to add steps in a much shorter amount of time.  Having the fitbit has an impact for sure - walk just a bit further to hit the next milestone etc.  The distance definitely adds up and I can feel the difference. 

Best Answer

Great post. I am actually shooting for 100,000 steps per 5 days in the Work Week Hustle. I've got about three friends who we consistently push each other towards this goal each week. Looking for some more 15,000 - 20K steppers per day to fill out this group challenge. Here's my link.                                 //www.fitbit.com/user/33V6GF

Best Answer

@Prosper My goal is also to have 100k in the workweek. I've been out of town/country for a while for work, so this is my first week to really try!

Competitive Crossfitter
Novice Runner
Getting Better EVERY Day
Best Answer

Update - I am now routinely hitting 120,000 - 130,000 steps per week and my increased total is due to my Fitbit buddies and our daily and workweek challenges. The challenges are a great way to find extra motivation and add more steps. Happy stepping folks.

Best Answer

@drtkrup1 Woot for you! Thats awesome!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@drtkrup1 wrote:

Update - I am now routinely hitting 120,000 - 130,000 steps per week and my increased total is due to my Fitbit buddies and our daily and workweek challenges. The challenges are a great way to find extra motivation and add more steps. Happy stepping folks.

That's fantastic.  Soon you'd be ready for my weekend warrior challege.   

Best Answer

Fantastic! you all have a great determination and commitment, congratulations for that and all the progress you've made so far. I know you'll all be able to reach your goals. Happy stepping.  Smiley Very Happy

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

hi there got 9000 and more steps today, first time 🙂 was trying to get my 10,000 step badge

....................lisa x
Best Answer
0 Votes

Having been only fairly poor with my walking the last couple of years, I've got back into it and have just switched to aim for 100k a week (well 15k a day). In part to do something about the 8kg I've put on, though increasing that count as we move towards Autumn and Winter is probably not going to help.

Fitbit One User, they'll only take that away when I die!
Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks for the reply 🙂 but due to muscular pain need to give it a rest

....................lisa x
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is that a challenge? Because I'm seriously thinking of finding a way to get in 100,000 per week. I'm already finding ways to get extra steps when I change buses and walking around the floor of my office buiding at least once or twice an hour. I'm also trying to make it a habit of doing the Leslie Sansone one-mile "happy walk" every morning, which gives me maybe 1,100-1,200 steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My goal was not to challenge everyone - but rather to demonstrate how a target number helps with your fitness regimen. But if you want to take it as a challenge, that is great. I initially tried to reach 10,000 steps per day and after a while, that seemed a lot easier. My next big goal was to step it up and shoot for 100,000 a week. As you reach each plateau, your body gets used to the exercise and it becomes easier. That is also why you have to keep challenging yourself. Good luck and keep stepping.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you want someone to challenge you then feel free to friend me. I've switched myself to having an official 12500 step goal per day, but im unofficially using 15k a day and last weeks step count was 120k (83k, and 103k the weeks before that).

Fitbit One User, they'll only take that away when I die!
Best Answer
0 Votes

100000 steps/week

@drtkrup1 wrote:

My fitbit regimen is to aim for 100,000 steps per week. I have to average just under 15,000 steps daily to reach that goal and I look forward to my weekly email progress report on Monday night to make sure that I am on target. I was averaging about 70,000 steps a week, but made a few changes to find the extra 30,000. I get off my commuter train at the furthest possible stop which adds another 1.5 miles to my walk to and from work every day. I force myself to use the steps at work between floors and I add one leisurely walk of another mile or two at lunch. These little changes really add up and I can comfortably make my weekly 100,000 step goal without any pain. I also improved my eating habits and strictly eat salads every day for lunch. These changes have resulted in dropping 24 pounds over the last 4 months. I have been dropping 1-2 lbs per week consistently and it really has made an unbelievable difference. I know the weight loss will stop as my body acclimates to my increased workout, but I am happy to maintain this weight and workout regimen as I have never felt better.

First time since i bought the fitbit 4 years ago, i did it, more than 100000 steps per week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My goal in the Work Week Hustle Challenges wiht colleagues is 100,000 steps! I aim for 130,000 steps per week!! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes