Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aim for 100,000 steps per week

ANSWERED

My fitbit regimen is to aim for 100,000 steps per week. I have to average just under 15,000 steps daily to reach that goal and I look forward to my weekly email progress report on Monday night to make sure that I am on target. I was averaging about 70,000 steps a week, but made a few changes to find the extra 30,000. I get off my commuter train at the furthest possible stop which adds another 1.5 miles to my walk to and from work every day. I force myself to use the steps at work between floors and I add one leisurely walk of another mile or two at lunch. These little changes really add up and I can comfortably make my weekly 100,000 step goal without any pain. I also improved my eating habits and strictly eat salads every day for lunch. These changes have resulted in dropping 24 pounds over the last 4 months. I have been dropping 1-2 lbs per week consistently and it really has made an unbelievable difference. I know the weight loss will stop as my body acclimates to my increased workout, but I am happy to maintain this weight and workout regimen as I have never felt better.

I just wanted people to know that the Fitbit does work and it provides an instant status on your workout progress. That is important to me as I want to know how well I am doing at any time. It also gives me that extra motivation to make sure that I hit my daily goal.

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20
Great work. Keep on stepping. 130K is a great number. I love the challenges as well and they do push you even more.
Best Answer
0 Votes