Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking exercise on Charge 5

Since latest app update, FitBit no longer reliably tracks exercise.  I walk at least 4 miles daily at a brisk pace, but the device says I only perform 15 mins on elliptical - a machine I never use!  I use the Pacer app and wonder if I can migrate that information over to FitBit.  I would not care, but I am part of an ongoing health study through UC Davis, and I would think they would like to have accurate information.  The FitBit itself seems very wonky and inaccurate on the regular (sleep scores appear randomly, heart rate is all over the place, etc).  Had I not had this device given to me for the study, I would not be using it at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @msfit60. Try restarting your Fitbit to get rid of the general 'wonkiness.' (Go into 'settings' on the device and scroll down to restart). For your 4 mile walks, start a walk manually from the exercise app. That's more reliable than the autodetect. And, while you are at it, if you never use the elliptical you can remove that from the list of exercise the CH5 tries to detect automatically. (Click your avatar at the top right of the Fitbit dashboard -> Fitbit settings > Activity and Wellness > Exercise.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer