Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walkers Foot? lol

ANSWERED

I recently changed shoes because my last pair was causing a corn on the side of my right foot. My new pair is working fantastically but I forgot to put a corn cushion pad on my corn yesterday and went out walking. I don't know what I did or how I must have walked because of the corn pain but the top of my foot was screaming in pain afterwards. 

Today I go out for another walk and I could hardly do it because of the foot pain. The pain is right on the top of the foot. I can feel it when I wiggle my toes or when the shoe is tight against it. The rain cut my walk short today but I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow if it continues. 

Any advice out there? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Strength traing is good! I hope it heals quickly.

Have you tried Leslie Sansone? In  door walking. Check Youtube. Maybe you can do a mile to get in some walking without pain

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

I would wait until the pain quits before going again. You could make it worse.

Were you fitted for the shoes? As I find it strange that the Corn is on the side of your foot but the top of your foot hurts.

Are they tied to tight?  So im wiondering if you really have the right shoe for walking. What kind are they?

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wishing a speedy recovery

Best Answer
0 Votes
Actually, I was doing a little investigating yesterday online and found out that I have extensor tendonitis. It's caused by the shoe laces.

I think that I was stepping wrong during my walking, because of the corn and this was causing my foot to go up into the tight laces. This is why I'm only having the symptoms on that foot.

I re-laced my laces correctly and when I tried on my shoe today, it felt wonderful. No pain but I am taking a break and won't try to walk again until Monday, just to be on the safe side.

I'm embarrassed to say but my shoes are really cheap, lightweight running shoes. I wear them down so frequently that I haven't wanted to invest the money on expensive ones since I am on a fixed income. As soon as I see any wear, I change them out. They have been extremely comfortable though even though I have had days where I have walked 20'000+ steps. This condition only occurred the day I had the corn issue.

I just hate having to sit around and not getting my walks in. I am terrible at giving injuries time to heal. I keep wanting to push myself. I guess Ill just do strength training today at home. What a bummer.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Strength traing is good! I hope it heals quickly.

Have you tried Leslie Sansone? In  door walking. Check Youtube. Maybe you can do a mile to get in some walking without pain

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes
WendyB, thank you so very much for this suggestion. I just walked a mile! lol Great videos. They will help me get more muscle movement in than just regular walking. I certainly need to start building some muscle. I am actually sweating from that work out! I had no pain because I can be barefoot doing it.

Today I also attempted to walk outdoor with the new laced shoes and wow, what a difference. I was able to get 3000 steps in before I started feeling some pain so I stopped and came back to ice my foot.

So anyone out there that may be experiencing this, try relacing your shoes in a ladder lace or skip some eyelets. This will certainly help your feet!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad you liked Leslie! 

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Orthofeeet shoes Recommended by a close friend who has used your product for years with immediate relief. I hope I am able to say the same when I start using them. My foot pain is becoming unbearable. Shopping experience was effortless. Shopping & placing order was easy. Will be waiting to see the quality of product ordered. I have a very small foot, size ladies 4, some size 5's fit if they run small/narrow, which is hard to find. I have high arches & have to have good support shoes. Hoping these orthotic arches will help in my sandals.

Best Answer
0 Votes