Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Fasting

Has anyone ever done a Water fast? I'm starting one tomorrow and I'm kind of nervous... Any advice or tips?

(by the way I'm not doing this for weight loss more for the cleaning benifits)

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Where can these testimonies be found?

Do you have "before" and "after" photos of yourself related to the one month water fast during which you lost 64 pounds? If not, I have a suggestion for you (the next time you embark on such a fast): take a picture of you holding a daily newspaper every day from day 1 to day 30. Then write your own weight loss method, using said photos as testimony. You will become a millionnaire in no time.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Youtube has 1000's of videos of people recording their fast daily and at the end showing their before and after. They haven't earned a dime.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please point me to a couple of such videos you believe are legit.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well Dominique, the first video I came up with was the following
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ktq4ums8yo where this person lost 30 pounds
in just 7 days. That's amazingly high but I do believe him. Most of what he
lost in my opinion was hard waste built in his intestines over the years. He
was probably very active over those seven days too. And if so, he was pretty
stupid being so active while on a water fast. It is true that you do lose a
lot more pounds in the first week. And by the way, you don't stop pooping
ever after 30 days.

I typed "30 days water fasting results" into youtube and here are the
results
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=30+days+water+fasting+results .

If you are truly interested in doing a water fast, you need to do your own
research. That is how you learn. I research for a very long time until I
felt confident I could do it.

Do a search on some "Water Wellness Center" and you can watch videos such as
this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf3f4_3Hs_w . Testimonies at some of
their fasting wellness centers are some of my favorite ones.

Check out what some doctors say about fasting, such as here (one I never
seen before). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07MQ2HI8B7k

Enjoy
Best Answer
0 Votes

I see this last post from 2019 - so very old.   

I just finished a 7 day fast.  here is my experience: Only Water and black coffee - No cream

1) You will NOT look like the u-tube videos.( i wish)   - I lost 1 LB or so a day. 

2)  I felt normal everyday for the first 3-4 days except for hunger expected hunger pains from time to time.

3)  day 4 my eyes were very dry, felt slightly nauseated.

4) Day 5 dry scratchy eye, skin on face felt dry (not flaky )   headache, nausea 

4)  I did have a couple heart palpitations.  but I was not concerned. Dry eyes.

5)  I continued to drink about 4 bottled waters a day which helped hung

6)  Day 5 slight headache, i always thought about food.. so many commercials for food on tv -

7)  Day 7 - I could not go another day, felt super tired & sluggish , headache increased but not major, simply felt "off" - felt nausea, probably from low blood pressure from not eating.  Dry Eyes

I had a 2 soft eggs, so they would be gentle on my stomach. but nothing else.  I was surprised, it tasted good but a little odd. 

I felt very nauseated from eating.

9) Woke up in the middle of the night feeling really energy depleted, headache, and had a nervous feeling.  I got out of bed, and decided to eat, I ended up eating Chicken Noodle Soup ( about 2 am )  and 3 crackers,. brought back to bed, I was only able to eat slowly a my stomach wasnt able for me to eat not stop.      I started feeling slightly better, my blood pressure must have been going back up.   - By the time i finished my soup I felt more better.   with the warm soup & cozy bed,  I quickly got up put my dished into dishwasher and slept great!

9)  Day 1- from ending fast, I felt a lot better.   Today so far i had one hard boiled egg.

Every day I had about 4 bottles of water through out the day. and 3 cups of coffee a day.  nothing in it. (like cream)

I dad read several articles and watched video's *   Here is what did NOT happen to me:  My skin was dry & red, I did NOT have nice clear skin.

I lost about 9 pounds,   but i did Not look like any of the video's i seen  ( now they might have already been only slightly over weight ) 

- My weight 138 - after fast 129   *  I will keep you posted on my of what happens "after" my refeeding.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, my instinct tells me such a severe diet cannot possibly be healthy.  Have you run this kind of a diet past your doctor?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Our society has a fairly negative view of fasting although other cultures and other time periods have viewed it quite differently.  We tend to mainly see fasting as deprivation, but it has many health benefits.  There is a fascinating documentary, The Science of Fasting, that talks about that.  I have done several 3 day fasts with no significant side effects.  Of course, everyone needs to be aware of their specific health concerns and talk with their doctor as needed.  

Best Answer

@njr61, I cannot imagine fasting for anything more than a day if one is very active.  I live on a working horse farm and help take care of the animals, in addition to my normal job plus running 40-50 miles per week.  I would literally pass out if I fasted for three straight days.

Best Answer
0 Votes