Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wear that fitbit on your ankle for a more accurate count of your steps and mileage!!!!

After having wore my fitbit on my wrist as instructed, and assuming it was accurate for quite sometime, I came to find out that it is completely inaccurate as I apparently do not swing my arms enough while walking for it to catch all the steps!  I now wear it on my ankle, don't miss a step count or the correct number of miles. I have checked it to be sure of it's accuracy now several times, by re-driving my walking route with my car, having the odometer set to start at zero.  🙂 
Fitbit needs to make an ankle strap for the bit  to slip into, but.......the large band fits my ankle perfectly, so all is well!!!!  Just thought I'd share incase their are others who have noticed that they are only being credited for half their walk!! 🙂 
Have a blessed day, y'all!!! 
Vicki #fitbitankle.jpg

Best Answer
285 REPLIES 285
I wear my fitbit on my left ankle and it works by not recording miles when driving.

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the info

Anne Usher
88 Blue Jays Way Suite 4205
Toronto, On. M5V0L7
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the info. I’m only concerned about using it on the Peleton. I’ll try it on the ankle. Thanks.

Anne Usher
88 Blue Jays Way Suite 4205
Toronto, On. M5V0L7
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried putting it on my ankle and the steps accumulated while I had it on my ankle does not count in any challenge I did while in my ankle....for some reason it will only allow accumulated steps from my wrist in a given challenge....I will not allow steps from my ankle 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I don't know which model you have .
Mines a flex 2
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the charge 4....I just tried it on the inside and I got a pulse😎
Best Answer

I got an Inspire HR through my health care provider and had the same step count issue. First I thought maybe it was the auto set stride length, so I adjusted that and nope.

Then I did my own experiments: Walked in place, no steps, then just swung my arm and steps showed....but I'm not an arm swinger, mainly because I'm disabled and that has changed my movements in general.

A friend suggested trying my ankle, so I switched to the larger strap. When I get in bed at night I move it to my left wrist for sleeping & when I wake up I put it back on my ankle. This has worked perfectly.

I'm still amazed that just doing housework, with all the breaks I have to take, gives me near to and even over 5,000 steps a day....goes to show that you can get plenty of exercise inside your own home just doing normal things!

Congrats on learning that the ankle works well!

Best Answer

I love that my step count is more accurate on ankle. The band is too small so I have 2 of them together. Fitbit you need to make ankle bands or extenders for them to be worn on ankle. I live in Canada and amazon is very expensive to get a band for it. So if anyone has any ideas where to get a band or even make one let me know please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This works fantastic on the ankle, you can just throw it in the wash too.
https://amzn.to/3cWc1kp

Best Answer
You can find many different ones on amazon.
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner 

I bought one from Amazon. The brand is "B-Great".

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CN46YJ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My ankle is about 10" in circumference. The band is adjustable to a greater range than that.

$8.99 USD

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought that one too!
Best Answer
I saw that one but in Canada it's over 50.00
Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are many on Amazon, but this one is awesome. I've been using it over 3 years and it still looks like new.

https://amzn.to/3cWc1kp

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ordered a set of different colored large bands to coordinate, otherwise looked kind of like an ankle monitor.  😜

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do the bands work with Charge 2? website?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, that's the one I bought too. Would prefer something a little more attractive.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well would give the neighbours something to talk about !🤔
Best Answer
0 Votes