Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Fitbit for my requirements?

ANSWERED

Hello,

I wonder if someone would be able to give me advice on a Fitbit which suits my requirements. I need a heart rate monitor (wrist, not a chest strap) which is continuous (ie not every 5 or 10 mins) and displays the current heart rate. I need this to operate in this manner for the full day 8am to 10pm.

From what I gather, most heart rate monitors will check heart rate every 5 mins or so but during a workout the check is continuous. If that is correct then could you do a 14 hour workout on one battery charge?

Ideally I’d also like an alert if heart rate goes over a certain bmp.

Perhaps there are long distance runners who have experience with this? The device is for my daughter to get a rough idea of her heart rate during the day.

Thanks,

Dave.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Dave_m: first of all, Fitbit doesn’t make any HR monitors that are used with a chest-strap, all the models that have the HR feature are wrist-mounted. Secondly, the PurePulse® technology used by Fitbit doesn’t work as described by you ("checks HR every 5 minutes"): the checking is continuous 24/7 (minus the time when you’re recharging it), though there may be short gaps with no values (for instance, if you’re wearing your Fitbit too loose). There is no alert feature I’m aware of, although this could possibly be available via a third-party app on the newest model (Ionic).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@Dave_m: first of all, Fitbit doesn’t make any HR monitors that are used with a chest-strap, all the models that have the HR feature are wrist-mounted. Secondly, the PurePulse® technology used by Fitbit doesn’t work as described by you ("checks HR every 5 minutes"): the checking is continuous 24/7 (minus the time when you’re recharging it), though there may be short gaps with no values (for instance, if you’re wearing your Fitbit too loose). There is no alert feature I’m aware of, although this could possibly be available via a third-party app on the newest model (Ionic).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks for the information- that’s a great help.

cheers- Dave.

Best Answer
0 Votes