Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zumba Fitbit Charge 3

ANSWERED

Hi, 

A message from Belgium.

Since Monday i became a Zumba member hihi, besides the running that I do.

It would be great if there was a section under excercises in my Fitbit Charge 3 that said, zumba workout.

Perhaps in the future?

Greetings,

Rita

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your watch can list up to seven different activities that can be taken (by you) from a longer list. If "WORKOUT" is currently missing from your list, you can add it. If you already have seven activities listed on your watch, you will have to remove one of them in order for "WORKOUT" to be able to make it there. For instance, if "GOLF" is included, but you don’t happen to play golf, just remove that activity.

The adding/removing of activity is done in the Fitbit app on your mobile device. Once you’re done with the changes, they will be transferred to your watch the next time you sync.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the community, @MeProostOne , and congrats for choosing such a vigorous activity!

There are hundreds of possible physical activities (just have a look at the Compendium of Physical Activities). It’s impossible for Fitbit to list all of them under their own label. Zumba isn’t even included in the Compendium. Instead, you will find variations of aerobic:

03015           7.3           dancing           aerobic, general
03016           7.5           dancing           aerobic, step, with 6 - 8 inch step
03017           9.5           dancing           aerobic, step, with 10 - 12 inch step
03018           5.5           dancing           aerobic, step, with 4-inch step
03019           8.5           dancing           bench step class, general
03020           5.0           dancing           aerobic, low impact
03021           7.3           dancing           aerobic, high impact
03022           10.0          dancing           aerobic dance wearing 10-15 lb weights

The number in the second column is their respective MET, telling how demanding they are in terms of energy expenditure.

If you wish to record your Zumba classes separately on your Charge 3, you could use the generic WORKOUT activity. Just because Fitbit doesn’t know specifically it’s zumba doesn’t mean it will misrepresent it, or you will be "short-changed" in terms of calories burned: it will still be able to pick up the intensity of your classes via your heart rate, your arm moves, the impacts it detects etc.

Even if you don’t log your classes, they won’t get unnoticed. Logging them is just a way for you to isolate the activity and see detailed stats about it.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

Thanks for the fast answer.

But what do you mean by Generic workout. I can choose between running (i do that), treadmill (i do that at home), swimming (i do that), Bike, Weights and interval.

I also see on the introduction "Yoga" and "Circuit Training"!! My watch doesn't have that!

Kind Regards,

Rita

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your watch can list up to seven different activities that can be taken (by you) from a longer list. If "WORKOUT" is currently missing from your list, you can add it. If you already have seven activities listed on your watch, you will have to remove one of them in order for "WORKOUT" to be able to make it there. For instance, if "GOLF" is included, but you don’t happen to play golf, just remove that activity.

The adding/removing of activity is done in the Fitbit app on your mobile device. Once you’re done with the changes, they will be transferred to your watch the next time you sync.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!!!

It worked, I didn't know this before!

Hopefully they add Zumba and Tabata!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes