Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

counting carbs and protein

ANSWERED
Need my food intake to display carbs, protein and fats in grams. Not counting calories except to be sure I'm eating enough. Can I get this feature?
Best Answer
4 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

This is displayed in your food log, under Daily Totals ...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes

@skinnylizzie68 wrote:

Actually , once i logged my food, it didnt show how many carbs i had just eaten. How many carbs a day can you eat. I have just eaten 50 for breakfast. i am trying something new since i stalled so i am hoping this will help to get it back on track. but i am new at the carb counting. but as mentioned before, when i logged my food it didnt show the amount of carbs.

On your phone, it won't.  It just shows the calories.

On your computer, it's in the Log Food tab.  It lists the calories, fat, fiber, carbs and protein for each food you add, plus it gives you a running total for the day in the box between the pie chart and the Breakfast area.

FitBit One
"You should really wear a helmet."
5K 9/2015 - 36:59.57

Best Answer

One option is to track this in MyFitnessPal and link the two apps together.  For food tracking, I've found MyFitnessPal to be far superior to Fitbit especially in terms of their database of foods (UPC scanning is also quicker and has better results).  MyFitnessPal allows you to set your goals for many nutritional categories and allows you to see it on your phone in real-time. When sync'd with Fitbit, you will see a "Breakfast Summary" (or whatever meal) record in Fitbit, so your calorie intake on fitbit is still accurate.

Best Answer
The food Android app is really deficient without showing protein, carbs, fat, fiber and nutrients. It should not be to hard to link the entry data to the USDA food database, which is free....

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

This is displayed in your food log, under Daily Totals ...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll second that idea:  The daily totals are good, but what's missing is a dashboard graph that shows how we've been doing over the last month or so.  Keeping up adequate protein can be challenging while dieting, particularly for vegetarians, and nutrition changes from day to day for anyone with a desirably varied foods.. 

Best Answer

I'd like to see this included in the Android app (and I assume the apple version as well).  Not everyone can log into their computer to check their intake, and sometimes it helps to be able to monitor this during the day when you're out and about ...

Best Answer

Tracking sugar grams would also be beneficial!

Best Answer

Actually , once i logged my food, it didnt show how many carbs i had just eaten. How many carbs a day can you eat. I have just eaten 50 for breakfast. i am trying something new since i stalled so i am hoping this will help to get it back on track. but i am new at the carb counting. but as mentioned before, when i logged my food it didnt show the amount of carbs.

Best Answer

@skinnylizzie68 wrote:

On your phone, it won't.  It just shows the calories.

On your computer, it's in the Log Food tab.  It lists the calories, fat, fiber, carbs and protein for each food you add, plus it gives you a running total for the day in the box between the pie chart and the Breakfast area.

FitBit One
Best Answer

Actually what i really wanted is that when you have choices to track steps or miles, or Km or miles when you track your excercise. I would like to see where instead of calories you can track your carbs and have that option. it will show that you have eaten too many carbs.

Best Answer

Nope, it doesn't do that.  You just have to choose a number, remember it, and see for yourself when you go over it.  

I know people have asked for that feature in the past, but it's really just a matter of having a number in mind and looking at the log to see how much you've eaten.  Not a big help when you're out and just have your phone, though.

FitBit One
Best Answer
I need this info on my phone. My computer access isn't immediate enough. I
used to carry an equivalents list and notebook food log. What a drag! I
was hoping fitbit would be of more help to me. I only use fb to track
sleep and nutrition.
Best Answer

One option is to track this in MyFitnessPal and link the two apps together.  For food tracking, I've found MyFitnessPal to be far superior to Fitbit especially in terms of their database of foods (UPC scanning is also quicker and has better results).  MyFitnessPal allows you to set your goals for many nutritional categories and allows you to see it on your phone in real-time. When sync'd with Fitbit, you will see a "Breakfast Summary" (or whatever meal) record in Fitbit, so your calorie intake on fitbit is still accurate.

Best Answer
The daily totals are great on a pc but unfortunately I don't carry that with me all day... Not solved for Fitbit App.
Best Answer

Yes, the food log shows proteins eaten in a single day -- but would'nt it be great if there was a dashboard graph of daily values over a month?  To me, this seems almost as important as the calorlie glraphs.  

Best Answer

Yes, daily totals are given, BUT ... there is no dashboard showing totals over a week, month, etc. This would give a good perspective to our diets, showing the protein trend just as Fitbit now shows calories, weight, sleep, elc. 

Best Answer
You can see carbs on your phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy. Go to google and open the fitbit community ( you may already be on it) Scroll to the bottom of this page. You should see mobile and full site. Choose FULL SITE. From there you can choose dashboard at the top of the page. Go to your food log and youwill see your carb log.
Best Answer

It would be extremely beneficial for the app to count carbs and not just calories. I have high cholesterol and high triglycerides and need to monitor my carb intake. I have to look at the nutrition facts every time to count up my carbs. I should be able to count them on the app, not just calories. I don't want and sometimes can't log in the fitbit.com website every day all day to track my progress. Please add the option to count carbs on the app!

Best Answer
Myfitnesspal does a really good job at tracking carbs, fats, protein, sodium etc. And it links to fitbits.
Best Answer
I would rather have the flexibility to add a daily carb goal than the calorie goal. This should considered for a future update for the dashboard.
Best Answer
I don't know why Fitbit team can't add the same type of tracking as MyFitnessPal. It sure would be nice.
Best Answer
MyFitnessPal would be ideal but I'd be happy if they provide the same level of tracking that's available in the fitbit.com site. They already have that data... Just display it.
Best Answer