Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

goal day % challenge

not much point in this challenge in my eyes

why?

who has the highest % wins....

from what I have seen so far, people just lower their daily target prior to joining, so when they do their actual daily steps, the % is high

I've seen people with around 300% then when I look at their daily steps, 25k, so 75k.... no I don't think so, so kinda pointless, some people are just going to cheat and play the system just to win

not all people mind, just some

it just makes me sad to see people do something like that just to win, the whole point of FitBit is to get people moving and lose steps, which the other challenges have done for me, only a few weeks ago, I was barely hitting 10k a day, now I am hitting 35k a day, the challenges have got me moving and realise that I can do more than 10k and that I was just, to put it plainly, lazy 🙂

yes my leg muscles hurt, but that is the point, to work those muscles and burn off the fat

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

I thought the challenge for Goal Day was to reach your daily step goal? If you do, you win, as do all those who achieve this.

I completed one last weekend and ended up around 175% of my daily goal. I decided that if I was asked to do another I would increase it  before hand if I had a run planned or other activities planned that would mean my step count was going to be higher that day.

The purpose is to challege your self, and don't worry about other people ecept for enchouragement in my view.

Best Answer

Yes as long as you reach your goal everyone wins.

But a lot of people keep their  goal set at 10,000 even when they do more.

Everyone is different and it their choice.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Goal Day's purpose, in my opinion, is to even out the playing field for people with wildly different step goals. I have a step goal of 15,000. If I join a Workweek Hustle with people who do 5,000 steps a day, I win by a mile, but it's not fair and it's discouraging to people who are very far from #1. Equally true, it is discouraging to me to be in a step-based challenge with people who get 50,000 steps a day. I can't hit that, and I hate being 9th out of 10. So a percent makes us all even. We can cheer reaching our goals, no matter what those goals might be.

To deliberately change your goal beforehand to "win" a Goal Day is absurd and pointless, I think. But what you set your goal to is very personal and may have nothing to do with the challenge. Whenever I see someone with a 300% goal attained I think, "Time to change that goal." But on the other hand, I said that to someone once and they said, "But I like to get my goal done first thing in the morning or I get discouraged." So different strokes for different folks.

Best Answer

My biggest pet peeve in the challenges is when people drop out half way through or right towards the end if they are so far behind. And I understand those who say, I am dropping out because.... Its the people who do it over and over. Don't join or move more.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

I think people drop out because of the 5-challenge limit. If you are so far away you are not going to win anyway, I don't think there is anything wrong with leaving to join another challenge you might be more suited for.

Best Answer

#goalday% for one that wishes to test 'themselves' try this. 1201AM be mentally prepared to hit the gym, arrive by 1230AM. Challenge yourself to hit the first 10k by 330 or 345AM (using the treadmill, elliptical, and glider)...rotating as you wish. Go home by 4AM or 415A and sleep believe my you will be tired. Be back in the gym by 0730AM or 0800..prepare your mental focus for another 10k (using the same equipment including the bike), be finished by 1130 or NOON. Go home rest, go back by 2P or 3P obtain another 10K and if you have the strength go back at 8P....then see what your goal day % achievement is? Minder this is testing only for You, Your motivation, Your endurance, and to loose your weight....Stay focus! NOTE: 12/11/15 I had a THR Total Hip Replacement. Once the doctor released to from therapy to do anything I wanted expect go back to correctional officer duties. I used the gym as my escape. I daily did this routine pushing me and my new hip ( with a change in eating habits) and lost 22 pounds in 2 months. Now that I am back to work in the prison setting my routine has changed so my activity level has lowered but I always try to find the time to maintain. 

Best Answer

Pretty sure that would kill a normal person lol. But sounds like fun

Best Answer

@emili wrote:

My biggest pet peeve in the challenges is when people drop out half way through or right towards the end if they are so far behind. And I understand those who say, I am dropping out because.... Its the people who do it over and over. Don't join or move more.

People do that because of the 5 challenge limit. They are just quitting to join tomorrow's challenge. I blame fitbit for that. It's annoying coz I always get a kick out of going 10 for 10. It's a huge motivation factor.

Perhaps you got some oddball friends:) I don't think I have one of those:-D

Best Answer
0 Votes

Prior to surgery I was killing the step goal! It was awesome I had a goal of over 15k...now I have changed it because of surgery and I can't take that many steps.

I don't worry about the others. I only worry about my goal and what I can do. Yes it is discouraging when I enter a challenge and people win by leaps and bounds, but I have done the same. I choose the challenges to accept and go from there! 

Best Answer
I have many oddball friends. Not on fitbit though. Yes, I get the drop out during synch. I do that. It's the ones that drop 5 hours in because they have less steps than most

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love goal day challenge. 

I only invite a select few who do it properly.

I'll shout before we set up the challenge and I say aim for your Personal best. 

So we all set our goal to the next badge we could win. 

For me this weekend I'm going for 30k in a day. As my PB is 25k

I totally agree there are some really pathetic people who will do anything to win a challenge. 

I had one person beat me 5 or 6 times in a hustle. When I got ahead of her on the last day she didn't sync up and quit the challenge. 

I clearly had beaten her finally. But I didn't get the satisfaction of seeing her final step count. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do this at the end of challenges if I didn't win, because otherwise it stays on my dashboard for three days and clutters it up. So I just drop it before it ends. It doesn't affect your position in the game. 

Best Answer
0 Votes