Did you mean: 

walking for weight loss

Looking for friends to do challenges. Walking for weight loss! X

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the forums!

I would see this thread many people looking for friends:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Be-Inspired/Looking-for-Fitbit-Friends-Find-some-here/td-p/1257283

Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hi, I think you can also try some weight loss drinks like green tea.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck @Chloe89 meeting your fitness goals!

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

actually, walk for weight loss is a very very very long time, try jillian michaels 30 day shred is better.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Godzillagd: please refrain from posting questionable links that encourage illegal downloading of copyrighted material (do check the community guidelines, Be responsible section). Jillian Michaels has a YouTube channel, so just include that link:

https://www.youtube.com/user/JillianMichaels

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@Dominique wrote:

@Godzillagd: please refrain from posting questionable links that encourage illegal downloading of copyrighted material (do check the community guidelines, Be responsible section). Jillian Michaels has a YouTube channel, so just include that link:

https://www.youtube.com/user/JillianMichaels

Looks like the channel is mostly just to tease, as the "workouts" are all about 60 seconds. Take that, Tabata! She does have nice abs, and nice hair...

I find walking to be the best exercise for weight loss. It's mostly in the fat burn zone, so it's going to be burning fat mostly. Cardio routines will burn more calories, but the fat burn zone will burn more fat proportionally.  It's also much easier to start out with walking.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WavyDavey wrote:

I find walking to be the best exercise for weight loss. It's mostly in the fat burn zone, so it's going to be burning fat mostly. Cardio routines will burn more calories, but the fat burn zone will burn more fat proportionally.  It's also much easier to start out with walking.

I agree walking is very good for weight loss (or maintenance). Because it’s low-intensity, it also has two additional benefits: 1) you can typically perform it much longer than high-intensity activities, especially if one is overweight and/or out of shape, 2) the need for recovery is much lower, so most people can typically perform it seven days a week (not the case with high-intensity activities). In absolute terms,  you will certainly burn more calories walking one hour every day of the week than doing some high-intensity activity for 30 minutes 3 days a week.

As to the "30-day shred": no one gets shredded in 30 days, unless they’re already very lean and muscular to begin with. No one gained 50+ pounds in 30 days either: we just need to accept that both gaining and losing weight is a relatively slow process. It’s also on-going, not something that can be completed in a fixed-length period of time, after which we say "mission accomplished" and move on to something else.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer