Hello my fitbit friends

I like to know what kind fitbit do you have

have a great day thanks for reading my post

I have fitbit charge HR. from Kansas fan

Missy M. as@ nkotblove
Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

Hi all

I have a Flex. My darling daughter bought it for me and I'm so grateful as I NEED to get fit again!

DoulaLoveUK
Best Answer

I have a Flex and it has been such motivation.

Best Answer

Surge, Blaze and Aria

John | Texas,USA | Surge | Aria | Blaze | Windows | iPhone | Always consult with a doctor regarding all medical issues. Keep active!!!
Best Answer

Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a charge which has recently stopped working, Fitbit were kind enough to replace it for me but did not have the right size for me so have sent me an Alta as replacement, it should be waiting for me when I get home from work. Looking forward to trying it out and seeing how it compares to the Charge (The only thing it's missing that I would have liked is the ability to count flights of stairs). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all 🙂 I have the One and LOVE it!  Wanted the Alta but stair counts is a major for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Over50

If not already done feel free to add your vote / comment to @Aliciagins 's suggestion on the Feature Requests subforum:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Next-gen-Alta-includes-HR/idi-p/1175123

The more votes increases the chance of the developers integrate the functionality.

Best Answer
0 Votes

John, which do you like better the Surge or the Blaze?   I have had both Flex and Charge HR but am thinking it is time to upgrade again.  Just trying to decide what I need.  I want to stop wearing my Garmin watch for tracking distance and just use the fitbit.  Thank you.

Barb

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BarbV wrote:

John, which do you like better the Surge or the Blaze?   I have had both Flex and Charge HR but am thinking it is time to upgrade again.  Just trying to decide what I need.  I want to stop wearing my Garmin watch for tracking distance and just use the fitbit.  Thank you.

Barb

Well it really depends.  If you want an accurate GPS track, then go with the Surge.  But the Surge has issues with the band.  So get the extended warranty!  $20 for 2-3 years, best $20 you will ever spend.  I wish I had done that!

The Blaze has GPS tracking via a smart phone (Make sure your is on the supported list).  But on my iPhone 6s, and before that my 5c, the GPS distances were off by about 5-10%.  Surge +/- 1%.  With wrong distances, Pace Times are off too. 

If you just want a rough idea of how far you walked, and how fast, the Blaze is ok.

However, I also bike ride.  And a HUGE + for the Surge is the always on display.  When you are riding a bike 14 mph, you don't want to try to flick your wrist or hit the button to see your distance or speed.

One other plus on the Surge while exercising, you get three lines of data.  IE Time, Distance, and then a third line of data you can choose pace, average pace, heart rate, calories burned...  On the Blaze you only get the time, and then you can choose distance, pace, average pace... etc.

So I find the Surge's exercise screen to be better.  However IF you are nearsighted, then the larger text size on the Exercise screen on the Blaze is helpful.

Over all I find the Surge to uncomfortable to wear.  It's big, and bulky.  Having the built in GPS takes up space. 

The Blaze is my daily wear watch, as I find the a lot more comfortable.  Plus I have the interchangable leather band I wear during the day.  When I exercise with the Blaze, I swap out my band for the rubber one. 

I do use my Blaze when I doing non GPS exercise.  IE lifting weights, riding my stationary bike, etc.

I find that having them both works well for me.  If I had to pick one, it would be tough.  Probably the Blaze.  Even though the GPS tracking is just wrong.  I'm walking less these days, and doing more weight lifting.  So I don't need the GPS as much.

John | Texas,USA | Surge | Aria | Blaze | Windows | iPhone | Always consult with a doctor regarding all medical issues. Keep active!!!
Best Answer

Thanks John.  I was leaning toward the Blaze.  I do want the GPS to work though.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 phone.  Also, does using the GPS through the phone use up my data on my phone?

Thanks again for your very detailed reply.

Barb

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BarbV wrote:

Thanks John.  I was leaning toward the Blaze.  I do want the GPS to work though.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 phone.  Also, does using the GPS through the phone use up my data on my phone?

Thanks again for your very detailed reply.

Barb

GPS pass through on your phone does not use data.  GPS is based on your phone's abilitity to receive GPS data from Satelites.  So no data charges.  If GPS satelites are not in range, then it uses distances to cell towers to calculate postion.  Not very accurate.  If there are no cell towers, then the Blaze would just guess distances based on step count.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nkotblove  Charge HR. Works flawlessly including firmware updates.  Used only on a pair of Win computers;  no other accessories.  Used heavily to track two kind of exercises (walking with a walker and with hiking poles).  Main purpose:  measuring progress during recovery from multiple myeloma which has resulted in several fractured vertebrae and numerous lytic lesions. Owned for 15 months. Used year round including dead of winter and hottest, humid summer days

Regards, Gary

Gary, Canada,
Charge HR, Charge 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the Alta x
Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge HR, and recently (like yesterday) a Blaze.  I got it for some flexibility, but I think it will take some getting used to.  I like the idea of being able to swap out the band.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Alta, and I love it!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thats what I like about the Alta - I'd like to get the metal band at some point but at £79 it's almost the same price as the actual Fitbit!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge HR

I started off with just the smartphone app (free!) for a fortnight and manually entered in times walked and what not. 

I actually really wanted a Surge for the text notifications but I felt as though it took up half my arm. I've never owned a watch so wearing a fitbit was a pretty big deal for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes