Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when stomach is cramping and dont feel like moving how do you get moving???

When having strong stomach cramps how do you get motivated to move when you just do not feel like doing so???

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

If you aren't OK with who you are today, then that should be motivation enough.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jamielynn10 wrote:

When having strong stomach cramps how do you get motivated to move when you just do not feel like doing so???

@Jamielynn10,

If you are talking about menstrual cramps, I'm sorry for butting in.

Otherwise, when many people talk about stomach craps, they actually mean cramps from the large intestine. If asked to point to the cramps, they will point to a spot about an inch below their sternum or a little lower. These are from the large intestine.

Sometimes, they will point to the lower left side, which is usually a result of constipation. If they point to the lower right side, it is more serious as it's more advanced intestinal problems. It can also be the appendix.

The simple fix may be to avoid ALL animal products for about ten days. This ESPECIALLY means dairy, too. You should notice the cramps gradually getting better. If they feel better after ten days, continue for 30 days and they should go away forever as long as you don't go back to eating animal products.

If you'd like documentation, please ask.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If I had strong stomach cramps, I would take that as a sign I should not exercise today.  If it became frequent, I would see a doctor.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Usually, when I feel off, I'll cut back intensity - a stroll vs a run.  I will look for youtube videos  - yoga for cramps or something and try the easiest.  If it's menstrual or constipation, movement can really help.  It doesn't need to be jarring. I will also drink more water.

If it is a virus, then I stay in bed.

If it is out of the blue and I feel terrible, I'll call or email my doctor.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is true but when you are having stomach cramps and you just feel like you want to watch netflix all day and you feel like its so nice outside but you feel like blah but you still want to get your steps in what do you do....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MagsOnTheBeach I heard that exercise is good for cramps it helps them but there some times that when i get them I am like i do not want to move and trying to find ways to get myself going when i feel that way to help myself feel better and not so lazy 
Best Answer
0 Votes

It depends on what's causing the cramps. If I have menstrual cramps, I might walk a little bit at a slow pace just to work them out. But if your digestive system is acting up (it's really not your stomach but your intestines), and your body is saying "NO," it's okay to take some time off until you feel better.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jamielynn10 wrote:

That is true but when you are having stomach cramps and you just feel like you want to watch netflix all day and you feel like its so nice outside but you feel like blah but you still want to get your steps in what do you do....

Sounds more like motivation... "Blah"..." Netflix "... If it's a medical issue, take a day off...

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jamielynn10@10 wrote:

If I would ask you this, how would you answer?

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer
0 Votes

You just get up and go for a walk and deal with discomfort later and then watch Netflix and take it slow don't do it as a fast pace walk take it slow.....

Best Answer