Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 Day Fruit Challenge

How's your fruit intake? 🍊🍇🍐🍍🍒

Mother nature has given us something wonderful called fruits. Fruits are an excellent source of essential vitamins and minerals, and they are high in fiber. They can help you to maintain a healthy gut and prevent constipation and other digestion problems. A diet high in fibre can also reduce your risk of bowel cancer. The general recommendation for fruit intake is at least 400 grams per day, or five servings of 80 grams. One 80-gram serving is equivalent to a small piece about the size of a tennis ball. For fruits that can be measured by the cup, a serving is roughly 1 cup.

But if you're super busy and you don't have the time to prepare yourself a bowl of fruit. Choose your favorite fruit and try to eat at least one fruit per day.

Choose any from this list or any other fruit. Start today!

Day 1

Apple (95 calories). Apples contain a lot of the soluble fiber, pectin, that helps to lower cholesterol. They also contain some cancer-fighting flavenoids. 

Day 2

Banana (105 calories). Bananas contain a lot of potassium, so eating a daily banana is helpful to people on certain medications, such as diuretics, which may deplete the body of potassium. Vitamin B6 and Vitamin C. 

Day 3

Pineapple (130 Calories / ring) Is rich in vitamin C and manganese. Its bromelain content may fight inflammation and reduce the risk of cancer. 

Day 4 Blueberries (85 calories / cup) They are high in fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K and manganese. High in antioxidants and immune-enhancing properties, which may protect the body from illness. Reduce the risk of chronic conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes and Alzheimer’s.
Day 5 Orange (87 calories) They are high in vitamin C / B, potassium minerals and antioxidants. These may reduce the risk of several conditions such as kidney stones and anemia.
Day 6 Papaya (62 calories / cup) Is a very healthy fruit that is high in vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium and folate. It may reduce your risk of cancer and improve digestion.
Day 7 Avocado (322 calories) One whole avocado provides 28% of the RDI for potassium. Adequate potassium intake is associated with reduced blood pressure and a lower risk of stroke. 

fruit.jpg

Let me know what fruit are you eating today... 😋👇

@LilMae @swiming @SunsetRunner @Lightstorm @hayleerw6 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

@YojanaFitbit, I have been doing an apple a day recently but I bought oranges to add to it now.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner excellent choice. I also eat one green apple every morning, before eating my breakfast. The antioxidant activity of apples may help prevent certain types of cancer or at least to reduce your risk of mouth, throat, and colon cancer. I chose green apples since they contain a compound called pectin, a fiber source that works as a prebiotic to promote the growth of healthy bacteria in your gut.

Are you mixing between apples and oranges? or Do you have an specific type of diet?

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in!  I love fruit but don't eat enough for some reason.  (Just on oatmeal days)

Best Answer

Super @PineyJim! I used to eat fruits once or twice a week too but then I started reading about the nutrients and benefits of each fruit and it call my attention. So I decided to grab a couple of extra fruits just for me the next time I went to the supermarket. My best recommendation is to read about an specific fruit and buy it. I decided to start with apples and bananas because they are super easy to find. 

Eating a banana after a workout/walk/run may help boost muscle glycogen production, reduce inflammation, and possibly even help your body utilize protein more effectively all of which may result in a quicker recovery. 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess I don't see this as a challenge (?). My breakfast every day no matter what is three different fruit cut up with an egg white and a piece of toast. It is the thing I look forward to each morning. I am very fortunate that we have a big variety of fruit in our grocery store all year round so none of it gets boring. I also look for super fruit- the ones that do more than just give vitamins, they give anti oxidants and cancer fighting agents. I have actually started giving my pups fruit with their breakfast to ensure they get the same benefits as the humans do. All the berries, mangoes, kiwi.. the list is long. At night I usually end with a citrus. I am obsessed with Cara Cara oranges and blood oranges...for sure a must try. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow @emili, you're so lucky. Indeed this is not a challenge for you. In your case, we need to check how your veggie intake maybe...😅  but you might surprise me too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Love it! I'm in!! 😁 
@SunsetRunner I was also eating an apple a day, but I would try to incorporate papaya and pineapple into my daily fruit servings. Papaya was my favorite childhood snack I remember, but now I don't eat it as often. Now it's a papaya a day! 😆

Best Answer

I also heard of nature's cereal. My friend dropped some off at my stoop a few weeks ago. Here's the recipe from WikiHow!

Best Answer

This is a very excellent idea. I will try. I'm not sure I'll find papaya in the store 😅

Best Answer

@ILOVEFIT Papaya is an excellent choice, so tasty but also so helpful to your body. It contains an enzyme called papain that aids digestion and promote regularity and a healthy digestive tract. I was checking the crunchy cereal recipe and I think it's a great idea.

@BobbyMilligan I hope you can find it on the store, but you can also try any other fruit. The idea is to incorporate some in your daily recipes. 

I will try to buy all fruits during the week but if as me you're buying mango, papaya and banana for the week, take a look of these tips: How to Store Fruit to Keep them Fresh.

Day Fruits for this week
19 Mango (Tommy)

Blueberries and apple
21 Banana
22 Lemon and pear
23 Lemon and papaya
24 Mango (Tommy)
25 Apple and Banana

😋🍌🍐🍎🍒

I wanted to share my plan for this week. You can share yours if you have one!

Best Answer