Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Argg Trying to figure out the calories in today's lunch

Hi,

My mil, whom I adore made split pea and cabbage soup last night and I brought the left-overs in for lunch today.  This recipe is fairly healthy, no dairy or meat, just dried peas, some sort of bullion broth, cabbage and potatoes, the issue......I have no clue what else she put in it, or how much.  Asking her wouldn't really help as she's old school and cooks by taste, so I have no idea how much she's put in and I have no clue how many servings.  Ughh, I have no clue how many calories I should put in for lunch today, any suggestions would be welcome.  🙂  

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Pea soup is about 160 cal per cup. Cabbage has a very low amount of calories. So I would say that you are safe with 160 cal per cup, unless she added extra oil you shoule be good with that. I eat at my parents house every other Sunday and I never know what to track as well.

Best Answer

I looked up a recipe that calls for a 16oz bag of split peas so I could get the # of servings.  I kinda guesimated and plugged everything I could think she would have put in into a recipe genarator and it came up with 317 for 1 cup, since I know I ate 2cups I put 600 cals in for lunch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes