Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avocado - a multifaced fuit

Hi everyone. 

Hoping you are doing great. 

As me a lot of you love avocado or eat it on a regular basis. I'm fortunate to live in an area  where it's available during most of the year. 

As we all know, there are a lot of benefits when eating avocado. And there are a lot of ways to prepare it. (Guacamole, mouse, plain, dices, etc)

I love to prepare it in a big salad or guacamole. 
I've also tried to prepare it just with lime juice and some olive oil, or just scrap it out of the shell. 

In my experience I noticed that eating avocado has helped me with my weight, and felling satisfied compared to when eating other kind of fruits. 

avocado.jpg

What have you noticed on yourselves or do you eat it just for the flavor.?

Do you have any receipts or tips ?

Let's share some experiences.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Well timed post @JuanFitbit as I just started playing around with avocados! I tend to like easy to do things. A friend of mine makes a simple guacamole, but I scaled it down a bit. Two avocados mashed with a few scoops of salsa makes a good dip for veggies or chips. My friend uses a blender until it's smooth, while I mash it and there are some clumps. Nothing more is needed, unless you want to add it. I also slice it up to add to sandwiches.  

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Avocado is awesome, I don't really like salad, more specifically lettuce, spinach and things like that, but I do enjoy them if I include some avocado on the plate, so it's a very useful and versatile fruit! 😀

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

It's the taste and texture for me, especially when you pair it with toast..... YUM

Best Answer

I really want to try a breakfast with sourdough toast and avocado with a soft-boiled egg on top for a healthy satisfying breakfast. I hope to make it this week.

Best Answer

Hey @Drumbob  you have breakfast yet?

Best Answer

Hey @Odyssey13 , I'm in the process of making some sourdough right now. I hope to try that recipe in a couple days.

Best Answer

Whoa @Drumbob  your own sourdough? Sweet. 

Best Answer

Hi everybody!  

So many ideas . Can't wait to put some of them into some meals and snacks. Please keep sharing them.

@Drumbob Sourdough?? Homemade? Did you started your own seed or got it somewhere?
You know. This sounds very interesting! Why don't you open a thread here on the Community, and maybe share some experiences, receipts, tips?

I think a lot of other Members might find that interesting and you might find some more info that you could find useful. 

Keep sharing your ideas. 

See you all around.  

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Rub a cut piece of garlic on that toast before smashing the avocado on it. Game changer.

Best Answer

@ThumbedCat nice to see you here. Thanks for sharing your tips. I totally agree. Garlic can be a game changer. I prefer to toast the garlic first and smash/mix it on the avocado before plating it on the toast. 

Will try your method next week, when I get more avocados. 

To all:

if you still want to keep with the sourdough thread here is the link, where I've learned a lot of our friends @Drumbob and @shipo 
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Healthy-Eating/Sourdough-Homemade-purchased-tips-and-tricks/m-p/4948...

Best Answer

Avocado fries. Not even kidding. In an air fryer. Crazy good. You're welcome 🙂 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

@emili  Never thought of avocado fries. Seems to be a good idea with the air fryer. Do you use some kind of breadcrums/tempura with it or just plain?

A friend of mine told me to make for a dessert a avocado mouse with orange or pineapple juice.  First I thought that it could be strange, but after blending it and letting it sit on the fridge for a while it tasted strangely good. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
I like to use avocado to make a nourishing hair mask. All you need to make this shining and strengthening hair mask is very ripe avocado, coconut oil, and egg. Not only do avocados taste like heaven, they make you even more beautiful!
Best Answer

I use avocado in my smoothies as a substitute for milk or banana. Lot he creamy, smooth texture it adds to my smoothies.

Best Answer

@emili -- thanks for the link to making avocado fries in an air fryer.  These things WILL be on a plate with dinner at some point this week. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I have never liked this fruit. Close to the pulp, the pit and skin of the fruit contain dangerous toxins. Avocados are quite aggressive products. It can cause severe allergic reactions, intestinal upset, and liver intoxication. Very often, people who have never included an avocado in their diet complain of an upset stomach.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Avocado has also its darker side 😁 It's called "avocado hand" which sends number of people every year straight to A&E, so make sure you remove the pit safely 😏

Best Answer
0 Votes