Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best blender for smoothies?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone! I am not necessarily looking to lose weight, but I am trying to get myself into better shape, and I am thinking about buying a blender so I can make smoothies more often. Does anyone have any good suggestions? I have seen a lot of people with the Magicbullet, Nutribullet, etc., but I would like some honest opinions before I purchase one. Thanks in advance 🙂

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

I have tried a couple of them and Nutribullet is the one I like.  One of my friends has Magicbullet and she love it.  Those are 2 that most of my friends have and love.

Best Answer

Thanks! Those two are what I hear good reviews about the most, so now the tough part is deciding between them.

Best Answer

I have a Vitamix and absolutely love it! I've had less expensive blenders before but this one rules them all! Yes, it's expensive (I got mine for about $370 at Costco several years ago) but it blends everything super fast and super smooth. Do you need an expensive blender to make a smoothie? No...but it sure is worth it if you're going to use it on a regular basis. I can put spinach and kale in a fruit smoothie and my kids can't tell (other than a little greenish color) because the smoothie is so smooth. I'm pretty sure it's what they use in professional kitchens and smoothie stores. Just don't price a Vitamix at a fancy kitchen store because they sell more expensive models...look at Costco. Good luck! 

Best Answer

I would strongly suggest that you consider the Ninja Master Prep.  You can find various models, ranging in price from about $35 thru $75.  They are on Amazon and at Kohls, Walmart etc.  The "pro" models come with multiple bowls, but the basic one that comes with the cheapest model is perfect for smoothies.  Consumer reports rated this as comparable to the Vitamix in terms of functionality, for 10X less money!  The motor is in a unit that sits on top of the container, and it can deal with ice cubes, nuts, and anything you throw in there.  Take a look, it's really quite a deal and perfect for smoothies.

Best Answer

HI!  I bought the Nutri Ninga Pro three weeks ago and really like it.  It's been fun experimenting with some different food combinations and my children and husband have been good sports about trying some of the different concoctions.  This unit was affordable and is easy to operate and clean.  It has been a big hit with my family.  

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased a Ninja several years ago before I had a Gastric Bypass surgery.  I love it.  It can crush ice or frozen fruit in seconds.  It was also great to finely grind/chop meat and veggies.

Today, over a hundred pounds down later,  I still love my Ninja and still continue to use it daily for my smoothies.  For the price ($50.00 at Sams), you get a lot of value for your money.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your feedback! I have looked into the Vitamix, but a lot of what I have read says it is great for uses such as making soups and other foods. I am looking for a basic blender to use to make smoothies only, so I am not sure it is the right one for me. Also, I am on a college student budget so it is way out of my price range!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am strongly considering the Ninja after already receiving three comments about it! I am glad you said it crushes ice easily, which is a problem I am having with my regular blender.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will definitely look into it, thank you. It sounds like it is just what I need.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Recently read in Consumers that the Nutribullet was the best buy.  They did say that all units in this category are not quiet by any means.  I have a very old Magic bullet that still works and a very old blender both greater that 10 years old and I am happy with both.  The other small appliance I have is a yonana which uses frozen fruit to make smoothies; started out using cut up frozen banana pieces thus the name.  Good luck there are some very healthy recipes on line.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I just got the Ninja Ultra. It makes my protein smoothy perfectly. For me the Vita mix was a bit out of the budget. So I purchased this at Costco on sale. Had it for a couple weeks now and been using it since last week daily. I use Betty Lou's low glycemic Vanilla protein shakes. Also bought at Costco online. I add a banana, and or berries, sugar free chocolate syrup. It replaces my breakfast or lunch meals.

Be well
GG
Best Answer
0 Votes

Depending on Budget, and Time available for blending smoothies, I find my ninja will blend anything I throw at it in moments.  Literally 5 seconds to grind ice and blend in the protein powder I use.   I have also used a magic bullet and it was fine but took a bit longer with the powder I use.   Good luck with whatever you choose.  the Ninja Costs a smidge more <ok a lot more> than some of the others on the market but so far it has earned every penny. 

Best Answer

I have purchased the Kambrook 2Go & foound it is amazing.  I can put everything into the bottle, blend it then put the lid and off to work I go. It only cost around $40 AUD

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also am looking for a new blender to do my smoothies.  I find my Magic Bullet does not pulverize the seeds from raspberries etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love my Oster blender. Got it at Walmart for around $50. It has a setting for frozen drinks that is great for smoothies.  I have been using it for over a year.  It is quick, never leaves any ice chunks, and easy to clean.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I love my Vitamix!
Best Answer

@saccokayleigh wrote:

Thank you for your feedback! I have looked into the Vitamix, but a lot of what I have read says it is great for uses such as making soups and other foods. I am looking for a basic blender to use to make smoothies only, so I am not sure it is the right one for me. Also, I am on a college student budget so it is way out of my price range!

I only spent $60 on my Blendtec (retails for over $1300) because a smoothie bar was going out of business and was just trying to get rid of everything. So even if you don't get a top-end blender now, you can always keep an eye out for deals like that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the Nutribullet and use it alot. I bought it for 89.00 at Walmart on sale. I also have an expensive juicer, but the Nutribullet gets used 10x more. It is perfect for making smoothies with ice, frozen fruit, soy milk and whey protein, which is my personal favorite. You mix it in the same container you drink it from and it comes with everything you need to mix and go. It takes up very little space on the countertop. Beware, that if you are a person who does not like small seeds, like rasberry seeds in your smoothie, you will not be happy with the Nutribullet, as it does not pulverize them. Let us all know what you choose, as there are many good suggestions on this forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done my research, and I think I am going to go with the Nutribullet (now I just need to find where I can get the best deal). I am glad to hear it crushes ice easily, which does not always work with a normal blender. As for the seeds in certain fruits, unlike most people I don't mind them. I think it gives a nice texture to the smoothie 🙂 Thank you for your help!

Best Answer