Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best blender for smoothies?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone! I am not necessarily looking to lose weight, but I am trying to get myself into better shape, and I am thinking about buying a blender so I can make smoothies more often. Does anyone have any good suggestions? I have seen a lot of people with the Magicbullet, Nutribullet, etc., but I would like some honest opinions before I purchase one. Thanks in advance 🙂

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

I've had a Ninja for a couple of years now.  Love it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also got the Ninja at Sams club and it's really just amazing. It does smoothies like you wouldn't believe! 

Best Answer

i love my ninja. I buy banana's and slice them up and put them in baggies and put them in the freezer. And i put yogurt in ice cube trays and freeze those too. Add some frozen strawberries and spinach and it's a great breakfast

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Ninja that has a regular blender bowl and also the flip cups that work like the Nutribullet.  I can't remember what style b/c I have had it for years but it works like a dream....came with a dough hook and a whisking tool also.  This thing is fast and reliable.  Love it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Second this. My ninja has been such a life saver, and its also fantastic for grating parmesan, making pasta sauces, dips, etc. Really good value, and has a much longer life than the bullet or vitamix. 

Best Answer

Honestly if you want one to last I would get a Vitamix. Yes they are expensive but they will last you youre lifetime. If that is a little bit too pricey the Blendtec is the next option! If you plan on using your blender every day I would for sure get one of those! 

xo, Morgan Anne

Best Answer

Costco has Blendtec for $250. or around that price right now. I am thinking about getting one.

The lady said they will only have them for a short time. Maybe the first of Jan. If they sell

alot they might buy more. They are testing to see if people will buy them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another vote for the Ninja! I just got mine for Christmas, and have already used it to make hummus and bean dips, soup, and of course smoothies! My model is the Ninja 1200 Kitchen System, which also comes with a food processor and two on-the-go cups that you can pop on the blender base either for a single serve or just if you're in a hurry!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Vitamix. It cost me about $450, but I swear to you, it's the best thing I think I've ever bought. You can use it for EVERYTHING. (and if you buy it from QVC, you can pay monthly installments over like 6 months).

I also have a juicer, but I've found that my Vitamix does just as good, if not better, than the Juicer (and you get to keep all of the fiber in your drink).

Competitive Crossfitter
Novice Runner
Getting Better EVERY Day
Best Answer
0 Votes
Save yourself aggravation and just get a vitamix. Qvc even has an easy pay plan. I've had many a blender over the years, including a top line Ninja which I quickly threw out. There is no comparison to the Vitamix for smoothies!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought Blendtec from Costco. Love it for the fruit so far. Tried the veg. and haven’t found too much I like yet. I guess I haven’t found
the right recipe for that. I retire in two weeks so I will be able to try out different recipes. The green juice just seems to turn me off.

Jerri Stobinski
JStobinski@roadrunner.com

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
http://www.avast.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Nutribullet and a Wolfgang Puck.(which is simialr to the Vitamix but about 1/3 the cost.) Like them both, if I'm using lots of raw veggies and fruit I use the WP.  it's also bigger so I can make several servings in the morning and have them all day, We take the Nutribullet with when we travel.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fruit has to be the answer to adding to veg. Just vegetables doesn’t taste right to me. I am not sure if I could just live on smoothies. How people do it for
weeks at a time I haven’t a clue. I like eating cooked vegetables and fresh fruits.

Jerri Stobinski

---
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been using a Nutribullet 900 and it will make a smoothie easily--you have to add some sort of liquid, like coconut milk or coconut water. I also have the magical Vitamix. It makes smoothies without addition of liquid. An added plus with the Vitamix is that you can make vegan ice cream (and regular ice cream). The Vitamix also makes soups, and the fanciest Nutribullet also does it, too. It depends on what you want to do with it besides make smoothies--you can make peanut butter, guacamole, hummus, and other thicker things with VM. If you only want smoothies, go for NutriBullet 900.  Good luck!

Best Answer
I want to learn it all. Not just the smoothies. I am going to be retiring in a couple weeks so I will have time to
play with it then. I still have to box up our Christmas decorations.

Jerri Stobinski

---
Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree with you. 2 months before I consider go for the one after reading an ninja bl610 review to make perfect smoothies and proteins. Also please consider your requirement while making an investment. If you have more usage go for a high volt motor, else a average motor is ideal for 4-5 glasses usage.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My experience - I've had the "Bullets" and the Ninjas. You can never get them to fully emulsify in any comparative way to how a Smoothie Bar will do it. You will be sorry!

I bought a Vitamix blender four years ago, and I will never use anything else. In addition to smoothies, I can make soups and sauces that you would never even attempt in the cheap blenders.

Frankly, I hated the price, too, when I bought it. But it has more than paid for itself now, and this Made in the USA blender is such high quality, I expect it will last forever!

Best Answer

Hey, it's awesome you're trying smoothies. I have been drinking them for a while now and I feel more energized and happy. There are a lot of blenders out there, but many I would stay away from. The Best Blender For Smoothies I feel are the Vitamix 5200 and the NutriBullet. Both are very different in what they have to offer so depending on what you want to get out of it will depend on which one is right for you. I hope this helps.

Best Answer

Good for you....I LOVE mine.

Their own website has the basic for $69.99 +free shipping +10% off. Looks like a great deal....I think I paid $89 for my Magic Bullet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BillJackson : please read the Community Guidelines: 

"refrain from posting content that would constitute advertising, spam, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation."

You’re posing as a user asking for advice, but the link you posted is that of a site operated by yourself:

2019-06-12_1004.png

Your post is therefore likely be removed by a moderator.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes